icon

dd audio vs mtx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I gotta say, Im not convinced whatsoever on this argument. I have also looked at both subs quite closly and didnt see anything that would lead you to believe there was any reverse engineering involved. If you can point out some specifics mabye I can agree with you but as of now I would say that statement stands on shaky ground at best
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Velocity Motors wrote:

ddsubman wrote:
The mtx 9500 woofers are nothing more than knock-off DD subs. MTX even tried the old "association" technique by calling them 9500s' like DD. 2 DD9515s' in the proper ported box (about 10 -12 cubes with a large port) will smoke those MTXs' any day of the week when it comes to spl. Go to DDaudio.com and use their box specs as a reference, except when you build the port you will be much happier if you almost double their recommended port area. As far as amps go, 6,000 watts for the pair daily would not harm them at all.

Bold statement from you on this. Not sure how you can get these two subs  from the same engineered drawing :

dd audio vs mtx - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

dd audio vs mtx - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

I agree, these two pictures look nothing alike! LOL Show everybody a cutaway of the DD woofer and you will see what I mean. The internals look suspiciously similar when you take these woofers apart. Am I the only person thats' ever seen the guts of both?
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
The internals of many sub woofers look the same. Look at almost any 2 subs at, say, 300 bucks and your gonna see two drivers that look almost identical, mabye a different venting style or basket shape but the meat and potatos of the drivers are gonna be similar.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic