icon

2000 chevy silverado, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

i pulled the fuse on the bypass module and it dose the same with it hooked up or not.

i have the tach wire hooked to the ECM pin 10, white wire. it was located in the top right hand plug. it says red plug but there isnt any red plugs everyone is gray. i hooked it up tachless before i tried running the tach same thing happened.

the truck ignition powers up the security light goes to red battery it cranks for.5 sec enough to pop then the security light starts flashing again...Corey

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

i just called omega and my bad i had the 3 switches backwards. in the diagram it is hard to tell what is switch and what is not. it is hard doing starters on the weekends with no tech support to call, and i only do starters on weekends.  so all i should have to do is pull the fuse program it then start. i will let you know how it comes out. even though i ordered a 555L this morning.

i atemped to remote start it several time and had no problem starting it with a key after. it never locked me out? 

thank you guys for all ur help i greatly appreciate it...Corey

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
SO did you fix it?
Steve G
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2006 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
for future reference there is a plastic box right in front of the hood hindge on the drivers side. If you pull the bracket off covering that box then remove the box, on the side closest to the drivers firewall there is a small group of wires with green tape around them, there is a white wire in there that is tach. This saves you trying to count pins and the trouble of identifying which grey plug is the red one2000 chevy silverado, remote start - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic