the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Professional Installion without Hoodpin?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
we always install a hood pin and go to tach. 
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
I too will always install a hoodpin. I would ask to see a new rs when you get there. Open it up and I'll bet you that a hoodpin will be included in the box. If they do not install it for free and give you some kind of get down on their knees and beg for forgiveness, inform them that you will take legal action. Follow that up by spending your $ on a letter from a lawyer to them. I am sure that things will change in a hurry. A lawyer can have a field day with a instance like this, find out who their insurance company is as well, let them know that they are taking unnecessary risks. That will hike their insurance rates sky high next year. Contact Autopage as well and see if they will do anything. This is just like WOW MAN. We install hoodpins at no charge on all of the alarms we do, RS it is a must so it is always done.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
OhioMike1101 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
we charge for hoodpins on alarms.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
depending on the car we will or won't install a hood pin. For example, doing a newer gm truck. I will grab tach behind the cluster and put in a kill switch. I will always put in a killswitch if no hoodpin. I will inform the customer about it and right it on the invoice. Also will let put the dummy sticker under the hood. I don't think that it is unprofessional, seeing how i had to fix one earlier today for being corroded for the second time. I think so long as a kill switch is there it is fine.
tom badger 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
On remote starts - In my opinion,
Safety First, No Matter What!
It's a no-brainer -
I will always take a few minutes and a couple of bucks to make SURE the installation is safe. The same goes for clutch bypasses - if you're gonna do them, put the safeguards in place. I'd hate to think that because of my lack of attention or concern for safety, someone else got injured. A lot of people out there are ignorant when it comes to mechanical/electrical equipment - and let's face it, some are just plain stupid. Bad things CAN and DO happen - even to people who are not ignorant or stupid. Safety First - Always!
The Badger
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:
i ALWAYS install a hood pin switch.... it is the only thing that prevents someone getting an arm sucked into the fan should the unit accidentally be started while someone is working under the hood.... not to install one is pure laziness......
Thank you Kevin
Wow I dont know what to say. Just WOW!!!!
I would sue them OMG
bendalton 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
This is an interesting and frustrating situation. What I'm going to do is call Autopage and see what their 'official' policy is for installation. I'm curious to see how they feel about an 'authorized' installer/distributor installing w/o the hoodpin.
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
OhioMike1101 wrote:
we charge for hoodpins on alarms.
Same here I bet the hood pin comes with the alarm also the trunk should always be hooked up to an alarm
How would you feel if the customer came back missing a hand or finger?
For an alarm how would you feel if the alamed car got the subs ripped off or pop the hood and disco the batt then take what you want? What good would that alarm be?
OhioMike1101 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
We install hood pins on all RS, but charge for it on alarms.
WE do all alarms functions and features, KE, trunk relaease, etc.....
We charge for hood pins, dome sup, and driver priority.
On RS, we install everything, but charge for dome sup and driver priority.
Every store is different. THese are our policies.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
bendalton 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Just for clarity this was a REMOTE STARTER installation.
I talked to AutoPage and ended up leaving a voicemail for a VP to get back to me.
I can't imagine the liability they are opening themselves up to (the installter).
From a logical standpoint, I would also imagine that AutoPage would hold some liability due to their endorsement of the installer, especially if they have ever been told that the installer wasn't following safety procedures.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic