icon

relay satellite

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stonecole 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2006 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  

After I made the connections, I tried to program it. Open the door, turn ign, press program button and so on. The siren is suppose to chirp and the LED suppose to blink. None of that happened.

stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Does anybody have any suggestions. I even went back to double check that all the plugs are all the way in the brain and the relay satellite. ANY ideas are GREATLY appreciated.
stroked383z28 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
Did you touch the cars +12V wire to ground when you were wiring up your power wires?  Check to make sure you are getting +12 volts on those wires.  If not, check the underhood fuses and the fuses in the 791.
stroked383z28 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
Also make sure you plugged the antenna into the brain.
stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
I checked the fuses for the alarm, I'll check under the hood tomorrow thanks. I don't think  I shorted the wires but then again you know how things happen and don't realize it happened.
stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Also checked antenna. Everything is plugged in all the way.
wishboneattack 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
You got the relay pack hooked up like this: Reds to +12 volts. And the RED / white to +12 volt.
You cut the starter wire in half and hooked the green wire to the key side of the starter wire, and the purple to the starter side.
Did you learn Tach before trying to start with remote? You started vehicle and held black push button in until blue light came on? If light didn't come on then recheck tach or find another place for tach wire.
Did you hook up the hood pin switch? Are you sure the hood, when closed, is pressing the switch down far enough so that it is not creating a ground?
Make sure this is not +12 volts at your brake switch wire when the brake is NOT being pressed. If there is +12 volts at this wire it will not start.
I can not think of anything else... What kind of vehicle are you putting this into????
I may be lost but I am making good time.
stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
I did not try to remote start. Just trying to program brain for alarm, without this being done first I cannot learn tech.
stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of now is to check to make sure I have a good ground. And make sure everything that is supposed to get 12volts, have it.
stonecole 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

Hit the nail with the hammer. The red wire(12volt constant) did not have 12 volts coming in when checked with my meter. It had a bad connection.

My other problem is the remote start. I did learn tech no problem at that point. Then I tried to remote start and it started then immediately cut off. Then I remembered I had to program the 555F. Tried to do that but when tried to remote start the same thing happen, start then stop.

Do you think I messed up the 555F? By trying to remote start, then trying to program it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic