icon

audiobahn A8000T amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hogstamogsta 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
i just bought a audiobahn A8000T, its a 1 channel mono and it is 400x1 at 4 ohms and 800x1 at 2 ohms, i have 3 pioneer 12" TS-W306DVC's, i was wondering if this amp is a one ohm stable if anyone knows? and these subs are rated at 400w rms and 1000 peak..is this amp enough and what should i drop the subs down to (ohms wise), sum1 help im new to thisss! audiobahn A8000T amp -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Answer to question 1 is right there in the amp ratings.  What does it say the output is at 1 ohm?  If it says something, it's stable at 1 ohm.  If it doesn't mention 1 ohm, it's not stable at 1 ohm.  And post a link for those subs so everybody who wants to give you a hand doesn't have to search all over the web to find out something about them.  Or just tell us...DVC what? DVC 2 or DVC 4?  Reply back after you've done those things.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
hogstamogsta 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

the specs on the subs are:

Specifications
  Watts MAX. Music Power1000 Watts
  Watts Nominal Power Handling400 Watts
  Frequency Response18Hz ~ 500Hz
  Sensitivity89dB
  Ohm RatingSVC:4, DVC: 2 or 8
  Recommended Enclosure0.85 ~ 1.75 Cubic Feet
  Dimensions12.9" x 7" (327 x 177mm)
  Mounting Depth6.2" (157mm)
  Accessory GrillUD-G306
and the specs on the amp:

400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms Class A/B MOSFET Circuitry

• PWM MOSFET Power Supply
  • Semi-double Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
  • THD: 0.02%
  • S/N Ratio: >100dB
  • Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40KHz (+/- 1dB)
  • Variable 18dB Hi-pass Crossover: 50Hz - 750Hz
  • Variable 18dB Low-pass Crossover: 50Hz To 120Hz
  • Bass boost on/off
  • Audiobahn Logo Glows Blue When Powered On!
  • Subsonic Filter: 20Hz to 50Hz
  • RCA Throughput Connections
  • 3-way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit and Overload; Cooling Fan
  • Cobalt Blue Illumination
  • High gloss Chrome Plated Finish
  • Nickel Plated Block Terminals
  • Air Induction Fan Cooled
  • RCA and Speaker Level Inputs
  • Optional Remote Bass Boost
  • Optional Remote Digital Volt Meter
  • 4 Ohms Mono : 400 x 1
  • 2 Ohms Mono : 800 x 1
  • Dimensions: 1 7/8"h x 9 7/8"w x 11 7/8"d
  • hogstamogsta 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
    doesnt say anything about 1 ohm : /  but then again i dont even know if the subs can handle one ohm
    hogstamogsta 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
    i need help asap cuz im gettin the amp tomorrowww please
    stevdart 
    Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
    I can't tell much about that amp but that it's got some goofy Audiobahn-type ratings.  Woofer Wiring.  It looks like your subs are DVC 4 ohm.
    Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
    hogstamogsta 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
    yeah from what it looks like from me it says that the subs are 2 ohm or 4 ohm, and the amp dosent say anything about a 1 ohm it only says the specs at 2 ohm, so im thinking it isnt 1 ohm stable...wut would you recommend be the best wiriing for the 3,  series or paralell or what?
    stevdart 
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
    Whatever is more than 2 ohms.  Did you even look at the link I bothered to post for you?
    hogstamogsta 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
    yes i did, but im not sure what im suposed to put in for the drop down boxes, i dont know what would sound best and what not
    stevdart 
    Posted: January 23, 2006 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
    You put in what you have.  Three woofers, DVC 4 ohm if that's what you have.  The results you get are the choices, and you pick one that is 2 ohms or higher.
    Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic