icon

'05 nissan sentra, second starter wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sir_misery 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
the bypass should have a keysense wire should be green - or purple + if you used the 556u or 556uw you would need the purple + wire and conect it to the blue/white + keysense wire in the ignition harness
this will cut off the bypass mod when the key is inserted into the key cylinder
hope this help
yeh? i can do that?
see! told ya!
cosmoworks 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
feenal,
The security light would light up and stay on if there was a malfunction code tripped within the Nissan NATS system. The only way to read the from NAT is with the Nissan Consult II tool, which you won't have access to unless you were a dealership or worked for Nissan.
But what's definitely apparent is that the NAT system is in what's called "LOCK MODE", which prevents the car from starting when the following conditions are seen:
1) unregistered ignition key is used to try to start the car 5 times ore more
2) IMMT or ECM unit is bad.
My guess is that the bypass unit you used in the alarm went bad, or malfunctioned some how. Here's what you tell the customer to get his car running and out of LOCK MODE...
1) Turn ignition off
2) Turn ignition on with registered key (Do not start engine). Wait 5 seconds.
3) Return key to off position.
4) Repeat steps 2-3 twice (total of three cycles)
5) Start Engine.
6) Tell him NOT to use the remote start at all until he's able to take the car back to you and you can check out the bypass unit.
Hope that helps.
feenal 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply's guys, alot of good info....now the customer has informed me(brother in-law, not a big deal) that the vehicle's battery was dead....he charged it an haven't had a problem since....again I wasn't there to check it out myself, dead battery is the first check....but anyways I am headin down his way this weekend, what would be the chances that the remote start would cause a constant draw on the battery...I will check it when I get there..just curious...he knows nothing about cars so thats why this proccess was so difficult...thanks again for the reply's.   Great web forum guys
feenal 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply's guys, alot of good info....now the customer has informed me(brother in-law, not a big deal) that the vehicle's battery was dead....he charged it an haven't had a problem since....again I wasn't there to check it out myself, dead battery is the first check....but anyways I am headin down his way this weekend, what would be the chances that the remote start would cause a constant draw on the battery...I will check it when I get there..just curious...he knows nothing about cars so thats why this proccess was so difficult...thanks again for the reply's.   Great web forum guys
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic