icon

Clifford Matrix RS III wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  

Ok after fail attempts to make my old alarm (clifford Matrix 1) a 2-way system, I have decided to install a clifford matrix rsIII. The configuration that I have in my 96 chevrolet monte carlo is the following:

Clifford Matrix 1, Valet 561T Add-on remote start.

My idea is to use the existing wiring to hook up the new alarm to save time and work. But I have some questions that I need help with.

How similar is this rsIII to my matrix 1?

Should I wire the RS from the RSIII and remove my Valet 561T out of there? if I leave the valet 561T in there, the rsIII would not recognize when the rs start is engaded right? so no signal to my remote.(correct me if I am wrong please)

If I have to remove the 561T I would have to run extra wires for the rs in the rsIII to reach the ignition wires and etc... how long cnthis wires be? My larm "brain" is underneath the carpet in my passanger side and this is where I would install the new rsIII.

Also, I have the new 479C remote and  the old remote in the rsIII has different buttons. I would like to turn my car on with two pulses from the star button, is this possible from the new remote? or do I still have to press lock and unlock to send the signal to my alarm to engage rs?

sorry for all of this confusing questions, I just want to get this hook up right.

Thank you.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
i would remove the valet unit and install the clifford in it's entirety.... you would not get true two way communication using an aux out to trip the valet unit.... remove it.... if you bought the old first generation RS3 then you wont be able to get it programmed for two presses of the the star but you could program it to activate RS with one press of the star...( which is the way i have my 3.5 set up anyway)  you'll have to manually program the remote one channel at a time for this... if you auto program it will setup like the old remote wanting you to press lock and unlock to start....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

how could I tell if i got the old rsIII or the new one?

Either one (old model or new model) would be able to get programed to get the remote start with one press of the star? Is this a problem when putting your remote in your pocket? button pressing itself and turning the car on.

could I have the old remote programed the way it comes and the new remote for the one press? just to keep the old remote as back up?

How long can the heavy gauge wires be? I have to reach the steering colum from my pasanger side of the car.

jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I am confused here. I have been reading the install manual of the alarm and some of the wires I can not figure out. For example:

WHITE/ blue 9 (-)remote start activtion input, where do i wire this cable?

Then there is a whole 5-pin RS ribbon harnes that is not explained in the install manual:

RED: (+) constant power

YELLOW: (+) Ignition imput to alarm, zone 5

PINK: (-)200mA first and second relay turn-on

ORABGE: (-)200mA accessory relay turn on

PURPLE: (-)200mA starter realy turn on.

There is also another 3-pin Auxiliary harness that is useless to me right? I do not need the wait to start wire hooked up(nodiesel car), Factory disarm/special output(no factory alarm in my car/nothing special either) and last Programable channel 4, what could I use this for?( I am not going to install progressive door lock) so this i should even bother hooking up right?

If you have any tips on how to hook tis alarm in the best configuration possible please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated.

jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
WHITE/ blue 9 (-)remote start activtion input, where do i wire this cable? Maybe to activate my resistor relay that I have to by passs the pellet key security that I have right?"
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

What should I hook up the WHITE/ blue (-)remote start activation input-to optional momentary swith wire to? What is a momentary swith anyway?

What wire should I use to send a signal to my relay to by pass my vats passkey in my 96 chevrolet monte carlo?

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

ByPASS hooks to BLUE wire on H-3

WHITE / Blue....... is only for Remote Staret Activation with a Momentary Switch, ( like a push button switch, similar to your Valet switch )

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
Can I use a valet swith for the WHITE/ blue wire? I have an exxtra one. Just cut the end connector ad plug it in? does it matter what side goes to what side? Thank you
wranglercory 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
get rid of all the old equip
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
I already did. I got a fresh install with this new alarm. Now I have a problem with my stereo, hahaha it shuts off every so often while driving. Maybe I moved a wire or something I was not supposed to. but the alarm works great.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic