icon

Alarm and RS parking light connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
witxp 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I have an aftermarket K-9 Classic installed prior and recently bought the Astra 1000rs(Remote Starter).  My 2003 Grand Caravan has (-) outputs for parking lights.  The problem is how do I tie in the remote starters parking light connection to the existing K-9 Classic connection.  I'm assuming the K-9 has a separate relay because the K-9 has a (+) parking light output.  If that's the case how would I interface the remote start connection onto the existing one? Can I just tap right next to the same connection as the K-9 and use diodes?

Thanks

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 28, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

Parking LampWHT/BRN(RESISTOR SYS.)AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH

Vehicle Has A Resistored Park Light System.The WHITE/ BROWN Wire Must Be Cut And A relay And Resister Must Be Used. Pin 85 To Ground Pin 86 To The Parking Lite Wire of R / S .Pin 87A Switch Side Of WHITE/ BROWN Wire,Pin 30 BCM Side Of WHITE/ BROWN Wire. Pin 87 To One Side Of A 5.8k Ohm Resistor,The Other Side Of The Resistor To Ground.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I understand that it does require a relay and resistor, but I'm just not sure how to hook up the remote start wire to it., because the parking light circuit is already connected to the alarm.  I'm afraid that if I tap right in parallel to the alarm connection that when both the alarm and remote start tries to energize the parking lights, I might blow something.

So in a nutshell, how would I hook up the parking lights to the alarm and remote starter?

homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Diode Isolate the connection (both of them)
Brian
homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
witxp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you

Now my second problem is, if lets say the car was disarmed the parking lights would be constant from the alarm output.  If I remote start while it's disarmed there would be no light flash.  Any thoughts to this?

serialthrlla 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
there will be no flash.. you should have a relay already in for the P lights. If the relay is already energized it will not notice the other pulses

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic