icon

Has anybody owned an Audiobahn A3451D?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobahnlove 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2006 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

If you have owned this deck or have seen it other than pics could you tell me what you thought. The deck is Audiobahn A3451D and they used to have it at Sound Domain but they don't have it there anymore. I can't find it anywhere else but when I do i am goin to buy it. give me your opinion on it

tex12gage 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

Not tryin to be rude or nothin, But i would stay away from anything made by audiobahn.

Their subs and amps are a waste.  I've never owned an audiobahn "anything", but I know plenty of people burned by them.  My advice is to stay away from it.

tex
tex12gage 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

Wait... I take it back.

I used to own a Audiobahn sticker,  that i put on a refridgerator. 

But it didn't work either, it fell off.

tex
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
lmao. big 10-4 on that tex
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
audiobahnlove 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
look, i am not goin for there amps or nutthin cus i heard they suck too - but i have a Rockford Fosgate amp and i bought one AW1000Q a while ago and i had my nephew try it on his kicker amp i think the 1200.1 or somthin like that i am not sure but i had it in a homemade triple box with the Audiobahn in the middle and two sonys on the side and the Audiobahn was doin pretty good for a 70$ speaker - so i am goin to try everythin audiobahn besides their amp but which would you say is better cus i have a huge ass Power Acoustic amp and it makes the Rockford looks small i mean this thing is huge but its broken so i have to fix it but which would you use? like which would you say is better? The rockford is 1000 watts rms at 2 ohms - not sure anythin on the big Acoustic though - i am goin to have to buy a manual - i might try to get some pics up alright thanx guys - but Tex wut brand do you roll with? like once i am done with my system we should compete alright later
tex12gage 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

I got a Solo-baric 12L7, in a ported box, and a kx600.1.

I like JL, Kicker, Memphis, Infinity.

But if Audiobahn is what you like, then go for it....  it'll work... until it breaks. 

If you want to compete, I'll be here in Texas...  Just try to keep the good smoke in until you get here.

tex
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
I got all audiobahn and I win all kinds of comps with it.
I will DB Drag any1 who wants and prove to you all that its all in the install. My same EQ has been running for years. The thing about Audiobahn is that its very picky about the wire you use and the proper ground.
If you install it the right way you wont have any probs.
I have and can get the A3154D no-( A3451D )
Soon they will lock this thread....LOL!
jnasty 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

I have an Audiobahn amp running my subs right now. I know that alot folks around here dislike the brand, but the truth is I've had no issues with the amp. Its puts out plenty of power, although I do think that the amp is not making the power that it is rated at...more like a hundred watts less.  

Its been a little over a year now, and the amp gets used quite a bit at high volume. I kow that I am clipping it, but it has yet to fail on me. If it should, of course I will be dissapointed and have to replace it, but so far things are fine.

Until then I won't knock Audiobahn, since I've not been given a reason to. My buddy's car was all Audiobahn, and he never ran into any problems.

To each his own, I guess. If you really like the deck and it will make you happy, then go for it. If it blows up on you, you can learn from your mistakes and blame no one but yourself. If everything goes fine, then so be it. Life is short...do what you want, be happy, and don't worry too much about what people think.

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
Why would you knowingly clip an amp?
There is no such thing as free installation!
jnasty 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

Gain knowingly set to high. Stupidity. Ignorance. The usual.

Seriously, I don't know if its really clipping, but I do think that the gain is set a little high for the volumes it sometimes see's. There isn't noticable distortion, so maybe I'm not. Who knows. Who cares? Its an Audiobahn, right?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic