icon

Alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dunicraig 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
right now i have 90 amp alternator and running a 1000watt amp with a 1200 watt sub and the lights are dimming, and I wanna get rid of the 1000 watt amp and put in a 2000 watt one and then run 2 1200 watt subs, and then get another amp and run more power to my speakers. How much bigger of an alternator would i need.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

A riddle without all the clues.

Add up the combined amperage of the proposed system, then go to your HO alt supplier and inquire.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
You need 8 jigawatts.  I always recomend 8 jigawatts.  Especially if you can find SONY jigawatts, they're the best.
Support the12volt.com
ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2006 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
You also definitely need to replace your gweebo disc when you put in the sony Jigawatt.
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
customsound79 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Don't forget the zeebo pin for the derkulator. You can loose at least 4.5 jigawatts without that little peice of gear!!
My wife will never understand why, lucky for her!
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

All right kiddos, that's enough.  Go with Steve's advice.  You won't know where to start without first knowing how much current your system draws.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic