icon

subs distort

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
qmw54 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
ok what are some good subs that will beat hard for that amp that will not break me ?
qmw54 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
oh i also forgot can i go like 100 watts higher on the speakers like 300 or 350 ?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 02, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

I like my Infinity Kappa Perfect 10's, but there are many good products out there.  That's an open-ended question though, because we don't know exactly how much "will not break me?".  I suggest listening first, then buy something you like that fits your budget.

If you're asking if you can feed your current subs more power, I wouldn't recommend it, because you'll probably fry them.  They're rated at 100 watts RMS you said, right?  Forget the max power ratings.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
qmw54 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  

what i was trying to ask was is can i got for a 300 watt or 350 watt rms rated sub on my 200 watt rms amp??

my budget  is any where from 5$ to 150-200$ per sub can i get a good sub by good sub i mean hard hitting and good sound quality  for that ? and if so can you suggest any names  

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2006 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, there's nothing wrong with feeding subwoofers less than their RMS power rating.

There are many subs out there that will fit your budget.  Stick with a name brand sub like- JL Audio, Kicker, Rockford, JBL, Infinity (and many others- not in any particular order).  While you will probably be limited to lower end stuff and mostly single voice coils, put in the proper enclosure, you can get satisfying results.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
Two good subwoofers to consider:   Alumapro Alchemy 10s and Infinity perfect 10s. Both subs are very hard hitting and deliver great sound quality! Not extremely out of hand with the price neither.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic