the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Amplifier messed up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2006 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

Don't jump into thinking its the amp yet tho. You still haven't eliminated the possibility of a short in the rca line or HU.  Did you test the amp elsewhere yet?

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
bronze 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
you make a good point. i did test the amp at the speaker level outputs with another speaker. tested the amplifier input with another source(which yielded activity on the amplifier's clipping light), checked the rca cable from the headunit to the amp, no problems. its lead me to believe that the amplifier is the cause. if there are any more specific suggestions for what to check, please feel free to make them. i would rather fix a cheap wiring problem than buy a new amplifier. as far as i have checked though, every cable is in perfect working order, right along with the subwoofer being in perfect working shape, which has led me to the amplifier being the cause.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
That kicker you listed is a nice amp, but if you are just gonna run your sony off it it si extreme overkill. Do you plan on upgrading in the future or are you sticking with the Sony? If your sticking with the sony look for a smaller two channel, if your gonna upgrade than just make sure you plan out your upgrade so you dont buy an amp thats not gonna be suited to the rest of your new system.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
wranglercory 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
sonys are prone to going into protect mode check that
ddsubman 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
wranglercory wrote:
sonys are prone to going into protect mode check that
reading>wranglercory LOL  Its' a concept amp pushing a sony sub....I've never seen a sub go into "protect mode".
Gettin' deafer by the day.......96' GMC yukon-Eclipse CD 5442HU
MA Audio HK4000D-Digital Designs 9515F
150+db with one woofer...DD rules!!!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic