icon

Looking for pix of orion beast internals

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
samrock 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

Looking for pix of orion beast internals - Page 2 -- posted image.

I just thaught yall should see this..  it was my old 87 dodge d50..   dont let the smoke and mirrors fool you it is 12 15inch orion SVCs on 2 orion 2100s, 3 orion 275s on 10 MB Quarts

sam

of all the things i have lost i miss my mind the most!
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
nice samrock. i like it. what kind of power stage did you have to keep that setup fead with power? how many amp altenator? what gauge wire, etc..etc...
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

samrock wrote:
what amp u got there blackmica3

In the pic is an Orion 2500d, I run a Phoenix Gold 500.1. But I will be changing to a Memphis MCD1000

samrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

well the power was made from 2 stingers  one was connected to the bat the factory location and put out 160A this ran the head unit and factory stuff and had a charge reg on it with one 0ga running to the back connected to 2 900cca bats to drive the 3 275s..   then the no2 stinger was dual 180 output this ran to the rear of the truck through the frame rails to the batts in the back they sat just under the 2100s there was 10 batts total 4 for each 2100 and 2 for the 3 275s.   we took it to db drag and only got  163.1 with it skimming by just .1 behind 3rd place for the year,  the record that year was 170.9 in 98..   the first time we did this we  only put 6 15s and we could not get over 155 db with 6xtrs and 1 2100...     

i miss this truck it hurt to sit inside with it turned up..   i am hopping to get about the same dbs with 3 10 inch DD 3500s and 3 concept 97.3s  i saw a sentra the other day with 2 DD2500s and 1 hcca2500d  pushing 140..    it was a crappy install box could move about in the trunk.  i have also seen a civic same setup but install in the correct manor and it pushed 147...  if i can get 155 to 160 from 3 10s ill be happy..  it would knock the boots off any thing around here.. 

oo the new system will be going into my 97 hyundai sonata. i am trying to find all concept gear.. i have one 97.3 now i am having problems with it tho.. the second is on the way.. i have my eyes on the third.. but the guy does not want to come off it.. before long i i will get him out of it.. if i have to buy him a 2100 and pay him for his amp too i will get the third amp.

i have compaird the 2100 to the 97.3 and they are twins down to each part.. the only thing i cant tell is if the mosfets are the same the 97.3 looks like gen 2 of the hcca 2100 tho.. they should be 2 ohm across the bridge if they are gen 2.. if they are gen 1, i know they will take a .66 ohm load.. any way i have done what i can to my amp and it will be shipped to the repair shop when i go offshore this week hopefully when i come home this one will be back and my 2nd one will be in

btw if any one need amps repaired orion tells you to go to www.theampdoctor.com this guy has not returned my calls or emails for a week. but i have had good luck with www.justrepairs.com they dont want to tell me the stats to load test this amp too.. but its ok.. they are scared to lose the job. loard knows if i had the schmetics i would fix this stuff my self LOL

samrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

if you are a MECP do they consider you a installer.?? i have not installed in long time but i am a MECP installer

PRO STOCK

This division uses the Super Stock rules with the following exceptions.

A USACI competitor must compete in the Pro Stock division if he or she meets one or more of the following conditions:

He or she works for a car audio dealer, manufacturer or distributor, or

receives financial compensation for using a specific manufacturer’s equipment, or

a competitor’s immediate family member meets one or both of the previous conditions or

a competitor who does not meet any of the previous conditions may compete in Pro Stock by choice. Voltage in Pro Stock may not exceed 18 volts.

Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
www.theampdoctor.com is a dead link
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
If you are MECP cert, then you are not considered Pro-Stock by USACI...But if you work in a shop or gain profit from doing such installs then YES you are Pro-stock.
Then you can come play with me,   0-1000 Pro.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
samrock 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

i am sorry it is www.ampdoctor.com

thats kool about the prostock then i am no longer working as a installer..  i just do installs on the side every now and then for friends.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic