icon

Best Boom for the Budget

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gavin9797 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  

I was working with about the same budget a few months ago. Not sure what the general consensus of these products are, but...er' go..

1-  Hifonics Brutus 2005D - $300

2 - 12" Clif designs CD120c's ( I went from 2 ppi pc12's, and the CD's blow them out of the water!

I picked the 2 12's up for $200. (although that was north of the border, not sure how the pricing is where you are.

I built a sealed box. Though if you have the room you could go ported.

Anyway my neighbors hate me (lol), and from what friends say I do not need to call ahead...they know I am on my way!

Not sure if that will be any help, but that is what I did. Is your wiring part of the budget or do you already have that?  

willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
You should definitely go with what 'Speedwayaudio1' said! You never know it just might work. For some suggestions on subs though JL Audio has some cheaper brand subs that work very well along with Orion. Some P series Orion subs would sound great.They aren't as expensive as you would think neither... you can get 2 12"pseries subs with a box and a 800watt Orion amp for $600 bucks! That's not too bad for as loud as those bad boys are! If that isn't loud enough for you then step up to H2! One Orion 12" H2 with an Orion 1200 Mono D amp would be around $700-800. The H2 is certainly loud enough to annoy everyone on the block!! Orion is AWESOME! I love them! By the way, say thanks to your friend for defending our country!
not4666 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  

kicker 12" L5 in a ported box (circuit city 299.99) and kicker 600.1 amp(circuit city 359.99) and money left for amp kit and misc.

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Why I said go to a local shop is that they can sell to you at his or her wholesale price. CC or BB and the internet will not. Ebay can have some "deals" I don't trust it myself.  The big box or internet, they would not be premited to help you with a good price.  Even if the sales people wanted too. A local shop has local control and most times the owner is right there to say yes or no. like I said it's worth a try. If they all say no, then you could go the other way. 
Big Dave
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
There is no good local shops in my area. The closest ones are in Knoxville,TN, and they aren't that good. I live in Middlesboro,Ky 40965 if that helps any.I was looking at sounddomain.com.They have a good deal on an Orion I can'tremember what it was though. It was huge though.Just let me know what you guys think. Internet is my only resource pretty much for products. Brand does matter to him. Like I said he just wants to be heard. thanks guys
r_wern 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Don't mean to be rude, but I jsut flat out wouldn't use Audiobahn.  My experience, at least with the subs, is that they are "boomerangs".  They leave the shop, and then come right back
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys how good is this sub.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/ORI27311
Will this give me the loudness that my friend is looking for? remember be heard before seen.Also if this was the way to go what typeof enclosure and amp would I be looking for the sub is about 250 bucks shipped to the door. remember my budget is about $500-700 or so...let me know what you guys think about that sub.
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Or would that sub be overkill?
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I might need to make things clear. His mom has told me somemore stuff.She really can't spend that much because she has another big surprise for him. So the budget has been dropped to $500. I will need to buy sub(s), amp, enclosure, and maybe wiring if I can't find some left over. I do installs for almost everyone so I may have some stuff laying around. That really sucks about the budget, I really liked that orion sub. Well, all suggestions are still accepted...later guys
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2006 at 1:48 AM / IP Logged  

Well I did some searching.  I found what would be a pretty loud setup for about $550.  It's at www.sounddomain.com.

1 Kicker Solo-Baric S12L54 Subwoofer

1 Phoenix Gold Octane-R 8.0:1 Subwoofer Mono Amp

1 Q-Logic QLH-1.0012SS Subwoofer Enclosure

The subtotal is $539.92.  Shipping for you is $14.00.  So the total cost including shipping is $553.92.  That's about as close as I could get.  Hope that helps.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic