icon

How much do you pay for resin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Is the 404 resin noticably better than the 435.  It is $28 per gallon compared to the 435's $24.  Is it woirth the extra $$$$$$.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Personaly I like the bondo stuff better.  It is a lot thicker and does not run, sets up more evenly and builds thicker than anything US Composites sells.  I used drums of the US stuff and have grown to hate it. 
Why do you ask if I ate paint chips when I was younger?
cubinbob 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
i pay 25 for a gallon which i get from this factorie that makes big fiberglass chemicall tanks. Huge
tuscani 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
I get mine for $130 shipped w/ hardener for a 5 gallon bucket..
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah US seems to be a great place, bout to place an order there for stuff for my new box. Old box was made of autostore resin and fg mat. Expensive and as stated was old and set too fast (even w/ less activator).
As far as mat size you have a few options. You can go mat or cloth. Mat is cheaper and thinner, probably good for those doors. Go with .75 oz, and do a handfull of layers of that and you'll be fine. As far as sub boxes IMO i like the cloth better on that; 3 or 4oz cloth and do a few layers of that and it will hold up a 10" sub. Bigger subs or very powerful 10"s will need either more layers or a heavier cloth. And remember do a couple layers, let it set, sand it some and then do the next layer or two. Test the box with your thumb/finger. Push it in a perticular spot, if it flexes add more layers. Do this till you can no longer get a flex. Now stand on it. Does it hold you? Then you're doin good.
Disclaimer: I asume no responsibility for the people that go out and stand on their boxes and it breaks and they break an arm. It is a recomendation only, not a requirement. Oh and don't try driving over it, if you have it that thick it's overkill.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, selectproducts has good stuffs, i have good experience wih their stuff.
Shaking The Neighborhood
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic