icon

Thoughts on JL Audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
r_wern 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
How would i make a removeable port system?  I have never seen or heard of that before. 
wranglercory 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have been very impressed with JL and have had great sound out of them
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

I'm a Jl Audio dealer and we have been for over ten years now.  I myself happen to love Jl Audio and it's gonna be hard to beat for the price.  Trust me there's a lot of other stuff out there that's more expensive  and some of it is not worth the extra dough.  I also am a Memphis dealer and ALL of our SPL cars that ever competed on a winning level in MECA had Memphis subs in them.  The upper level Memphis subs are tough and pretty much meant for SPL.  The Jl Audio product is awesome and will play loud AND maintain it's sound quality.  The three 13w6's in a properly designed and constructed ported enclosure will for sure SLAM but even if you tune the enclosure to whatever frequency your car is loudest I don't think they're gonna meter as good as the Memphis MOJO's.  But if I were you I would still run the three 13w6's because they will be very impressive in the right ported enclosure and if you're just showing off they will perform much better than the MOJO's.   This is just my two cents as far as the subwoofers.  As far as your 8w3 idea in the kicks or under the dash I'll have to disagree.  My reason being is that the 8w3 is NOT a midbass driver.  It's an awesome woofer designed for SUB BASS.  Your ZR's with the proper tuning of the amplifier and crossover points will more than satisfy you midbass needs.  Now on the other hand if you're gonna compete in the SQ class some up front sub bass utilizing an 8w3 would be awesome providing you had the correct amount of airspace for the sub to operate and actually sound GOOD.  Well if you have any more questions about any Jl product or any SQ related questions please PM me as I am very experienced. 

TechHead
ilvwhtgrls 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Go with some 6 or 8 w0s for midbass. 
Eye am so re todd did.
96bigdogg 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

i have jl audio in both of my cars and i am extremly satiafied with their products . my honda has 2 12w3d4's

in a sealed enclosure and hits 143.6 db .my suburban i have 2 12w6v2 with a1000/1 in a sealed enclosure and it hits hard i need to get it metered

hard hittin big dogg
srtblue 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
The ONLY JL product I would own is their W6 series subwoofer.  I tried their amps , and found them cold and sterile sounding , and their component speakers were simply terrible in my system ..... But to each his own .....
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
6W0's and 8W0's are subwoofers, not midbass. From what I have read 150Hz is considered to be the upper limit of the 6W0's effective frequency range. I imagine the 8W0's range would even be a bit lower.
r_wern 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
OK, then who has a suggestion for a good mid bass driver?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Adire Audio Extremis 6.8.  Morel Dotech or Elate.  Scan Speak 18w.  Vifa P17.  Seas Lotus Reference.  I've used them all and can highly recomend any of these for outstanding mid-bass.
Support the12volt.com
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'm using a pair of CDT EF-8's for midbass and absolutely love them. At $59 each (on sale) I don't think they can be beat for the price. They look amazing also. 
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic