icon

avic-d1 map screen lag, no vss

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trm420tm 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
My avic-d1 is connected to a 2006 scion tc without the vss wire to facilitate video playback. This may or may not have anything to do with the problem i'm having- please let me know: Do you ever notice your d1 lagging way behind the actual location while driving in map mode? I'll be driving down the road, and all the sudden the car icon and map freeze for 15-60 seconds before jumping to the current location. Its made me miss quite a few turns as it happens mostly in unfamiliar areas (when i use the nav more) and im beginning to wonder whether i have a defective unit, or if its just because the vss isnt connected- any input would be greatly appreaciated. thanks for the quick reply!
Tristan Muehleib
Sakes and Leasing
Radley Acura,
Bailey's Crossroads, VA
703.200.1633 (cell)
703.824.5700 (office)
radleysales@gmail.com
sush1a 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
I would say that you've answered your own question.
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer utilizes 3 methods of tracking, GPS, Gyro and speed. Obviously it can work without all three, but works much better and the way Pioneer intended it to with all three. I am willing to bet if you hook up your VSS you will notice an immediate resolve to your problem.
ryanerb 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
hook up your vss wire and use the d1 hack that has been posted a zillion times. your vss wire will work and you will get video playback.
ohlarikd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

My installer forgot to install my VSS wire initially, and yes, the location was off.  The D1 only gets GPS positions every few seconds, not continuously.  Between updates, it uses the various sensors to estimate location as you move.  When it gets a GPS update, it notes the difference in its calculation and the GPS position, and updates a running table of correction factors.  Over time, accuracy increases significantly. 

When my installer finally connected the wire, I noticed that the tracking got much better.  You will also see that the algorithm switches from Simple to 3D Calibration.

You NEED the VSS wire.  You also need the Reverse Wire hooked up so it can tell if you are going backward.  Again, my installer forgot that wire too, so when I would back out of the driveway, the map showed me crashing in to my house.  And when GPS put me back on the road, the correction factors got all messed up.  When properly connected, the D1 is pretty accurate (of course, GPS is only accurate with a few meters, unless it ever implemented differential GPS).

Derek

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic