icon

auto warm up for turbo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
4thgen91efhatch 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

well maybe i'll have to be the first, i'm about to start doing some work with turboedit and stuff.  I'm also doing mech eng and physics in school so i'll be in some CC computer programming classes at GA Tech pretty soon so that should help make some improvements.

Thanks for the help

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
The DEI pieces can be found at a DEI dealer......
Is there any particular reason why you have an aversion to using a remote to start the car as you are putting your shoes on and heading out the door????
The timer circuit and things look interesting, but, like I said, there are solutions out there that work nicely already. The 556T piece is slick, quite easily programmed, has a nice big display, and will also do temp. start. Been using one on my cars for some time now, and like it a lot.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
4thgen91efhatch 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing i have against using a remote as i'm walking out the door is that my car doesn't warm up at all.  I want it to idle for at least three minutes.  This is not a problem when i leave for school in the morning.  But when I leave school I'm half a mile away from my car and cant just hit the button and start it.  But thanks for the info.  Are there any good online DEI dealers?  Thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

If you want the warranty, you must visit a local dealer.  Ask about what kind of range you can expect with their systems.

Audiovox has a system you can control through the telephone, and possibly the internet.  That way, if you wanted to start your car from the other side of the world, you could do so.  I'm not a fan of Audiovox, but it may be what you're looking for.  Check with Car Toys if you have one near you.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic