capacitors?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 09, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
capacitors? - Page 2 -- posted image.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jlman 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
i would like to get one of those awesome batteries that willdkartunes is talking about that can recharge itself without a power source. I would like to see have far willdkartunes can drive with his optima and no alt. and when his dump ass is stranded he might learn what produces the power in his vehicle
just wait till the bass drops
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

jlman,

First off there is no need at all to get nasty with you reply. If you are going to start trash talking atleast learn how to spell first! You must not be able to read either because if you did then you would know that I'm talking about an ISOLATED battery and NOT the battery that you start your vehicle with!!! I also never in any of my posts claimed that this battery would last for all of eternity! If anybody thinks that a battery can last forever then they are just plain stupid. I thought everybody knew that and figured that didn't need to be stated, but I guess not. So now that I cleared up the fact that the alternator is NOT hooked up to the battery in the situation that I'm talking about, and that I'm talking about an ISOLATED battery we can go full circle to where this battery is getting its power from. First off I'm in the process of finding exact numbers as to how long this battery will last on, lets say, a 1200watt amp... I'm sure it lasts more than 30 minutes of listening time! This ISOLATED battery will obviously not stay charged forever as I have already stated above so guess what? That means your going to have to charge it when it goes dead. This is also a common sense idea, but I figured I state that also for those who don't have that. Does that answer your questions? If not, feel free to explain how an alternator can charge a battery that is never connected to it!

lamigra05 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
come on guys.. i just wanted to kno if i needed a capacitor or not for my car... hahaha.. this is getting out of hand.
wat it do?
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  

Your right!! it has gotten way out of hand! It is kinda funny thoughcapacitors? - Page 2 -- posted image.

I'd say the answer to the capacitor is a no.

scotty dogg 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
heres my 2 cents.........willdkarutunes was just usuing a hypothetical situatution to prove a point that a optima battery will have more juice than a regular battery IF if it was not hooked to a charging system at all......well thats what i got from his post.
'98 GMC suburban, alpine CDA 9847, kicker KS 60, KS 65, two kicker L5's, JBL GTO 1200.1II
jlord16 
Silver - Posts: 322
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 5:30 AM / IP Logged  
i agree with scotty dogg on this one, ditch the cap, try running the electrical system as is
Clarion DB36MP
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"
Respone 800w Mono
ALPINE MRP-F250
*Custom fabrications*
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Hook up the system, if the lights dim then look into a high output alternator, its definately a great investment since we all know in car audio you can never be happy with the power you have, you will definately upgrade to a larger system in the future, everyone has suffered this bugcapacitors? - Page 2 -- posted image., and when that opportunity comes to upgrade you wont have to worry about the charging system since you took care of it when it was needed.  Believe me, the people on this board with over 1000 posts have been newbs also, but we have learned our lessons which is why when we/they make a point were not going to stand down since were like your old man who knows all and thats it, no excuses lol.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
www.motorcityreman.com 
willdkartunes wrote:

jlman,

First off there is no need at all to get nasty with you reply. If you are going to start trash talking atleast learn how to spell first! You must not be able to read either because if you did then you would know that I'm talking about an ISOLATED battery and NOT the battery that you start your vehicle with!!! I also never in any of my posts claimed that this battery would last for all of eternity! If anybody thinks that a battery can last forever then they are just plain stupid. I thought everybody knew that and figured that didn't need to be stated, but I guess not. So now that I cleared up the fact that the alternator is NOT hooked up to the battery in the situation that I'm talking about, and that I'm talking about an ISOLATED battery we can go full circle to where this battery is getting its power from. First off I'm in the process of finding exact numbers as to how long this battery will last on, lets say, a 1200watt amp... I'm sure it lasts more than 30 minutes of listening time! This ISOLATED battery will obviously not stay charged forever as I have already stated above so guess what? That means your going to have to charge it when it goes dead. This is also a common sense idea, but I figured I state that also for those who don't have that. Does that answer your questions? If not, feel free to explain how an alternator can charge a battery that is never connected to it!

why would you want a batt with out a charging system? why would someone want to hook up a batt charger every day. seems like your making this harder than it is. Batt turns the starter that's it. You can unhook your batt and the car still runs. Why? the alt is powering the ign system, lights, a/c, power seats, and the audio system. as far as a cap goes. if you have a good ho alt and you what to run a cap go ahead it will not hurt anything. they look cool too. you have to have the ho alt to properly charge it. other wise it" just a drag on your stock alt.     As far as the cost  of a ho alt goes you can shop for a better price. $250 to $350 depending on where you go and the brand name. It is worth every penny. capacitors? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Big Dave
lamigra05 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
well i apreciate all the help. um does a car already have an alternator? n were do u put it in the car? well thanks again.
wat it do?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic