icon

Trunk release relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yamez 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
I've been out of town, sorry for the slow response.
Chris: I tried touching the 86 to ground and got nothing.    I guess that means I've got an issue with the alarm... Any ideas?
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
can u say for sure that the relay is working. put 12 volts to pin 86 and put pin 85 to ground, you sould here the relay click if not you have a bad relay.
yamez 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Relay works. If I take the original configuration (85 and 87 to 12V, 30 to trunk release, 86 to alarm output) and connect 86 to ground instead, the relay clicks. But it didn't make the trunk open... Do I have multiple problems here?
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
if you here the relay click and have it wire up that way and it does not open trunk then tere is a problem. are you sure you got the right wire for trunk release.
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Waht kind of connection are you using. i re read your first post. you got the right wire but re do your conection.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
If you short terminal 87 to terminal 30 while you have everything hooked up as you mentioned, does the trunk release work?
If it does, but doesn't work even when you manually energize the relay, and hear it click, then your relay must be bad- could be bad contacts in the relay. Rare but still possible.
That would be just another issue from why you can't even get the relay to click using your alarm output.
ky1960 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
what kind the vehicle you install it could be wrong palarity connection when the vehicle trunk release neg you are doing positive output so it can be short terminal 87to terminal 30 recheck your vehicle again to make sure the right palarity
kvn
j_cervantesjr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  

I know i'm a little late on this post but this is for future reference.  I've done this install 4 times now and it has worked for me by tagging 85 with the alarms aux(+) wire, 86 gets grounded. The electricity flows from the alarms+(85) thru a electromagnetic wire inside the relay to - ground (86).  30 gets the +12 volt constant and 87 gets the trunk release wire linked. 87(a) stays open (no connection). What happens is when u trigger the alarm it sends a signal thru and creates a magnetic field that pulls a metal tab inside the relay from 87(a) towards 87. This tab is always connected  on 30 but (like a dogs tail) wags back and forth between 87(a) and 87 when the alarm is triggered. These relays (especially Bosch) almost never mess up so it might be that you have to program the alarm. I hope this helps anyone in future dilemas.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic