icon

Sonic Maximizers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluesdeluxe 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I'm still not totally sure what a SM does but I used to DJ back in high school with some of those powered JBL EON speakers and some Kicker Competition 8 ohm subs (they'd run off my home stereo amps).  I was using a BBE Sonix Maximizer that just cleaned up the sound so much.  I rememember hearing it slightly delayed the bass from the treble or something but it was worlds of difference.  Anyways, what is everyone's take on SMers and does anyone make on that can run off a car's electrical system?
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2006 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
yep they make them for car audio. the bbe is getting kinda hard to find now. i still have one from years ago. some decks have them built in. you can find the bbe's used on ebay from time to time.
bluesdeluxe 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
what are most people's opinions on this type of processor?  Does anyone know what it's actually doing to the signal?
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2006 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  

sorry for the late post. i  have been getting very busy lately. the best thing about the bbe s/m is it really cleared up the highs. .... well it did for me anyhow. and made the bass more "punchy" i liked the one i have. but i have not used it in about four years or so.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic