the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Choosing Amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

badtazboy wrote:
Kfr01’s input was Hifonics before Phoenix Gold.

Like I said, Hifonics generally makes decent gear but I do not know this particular amp.  Buy whichever one you like the most and can afford.

badtazboy wrote:
And the big question I started was an amp to be mounted up under the rear deck.

Under the rear deck?  You mean under the parcel shelf?  Just don't mount it upside down.

Support the12volt.com
badtazboy 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Why shouldn't I mount it upside down?
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

badtazboy wrote:
Why shouldn't I mount it upside down?

Because all the electricity will fall out.  Just kidding.  Choosing Amps? - Page 4 -- posted image.  The truth is that amps will not cool properly and can burn up (indeed, can start fires) or at the very least have early failure due to overheating if mounted upside down.  Almost any owner's manual will tell you this, and it is important.

Support the12volt.com
badtazboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
Choosing Amps? - Page 4 -- posted image.Ha Ha
Manual? What man reads a manual?
So best bet would to mount it right side up with support rods.
Currently I have my Lanzar mounted upside down to the deck ... nicely hidden, can’t see anything unless your actually in the trunk.
DYohn 
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

badtazboy wrote:
Manual? What man reads a manual?

Only the smartest ones do.  Choosing Amps? - Page 4 -- posted image.

badtazboy wrote:
So best bet would to mount it right side up with support rods.

Yes, or build a shelf below the rear deck to mount it to.  You may want to add a fan for any high-power amp.

Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Where is that smart arse icon when you need it, "the electricity will fall out", I have not heard that one in years.... If you still have the link to that amp, send it to me please, I might just need to buy that Eclipse amp.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
badtazboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
Well I would like to thank all for your help. I have no upgraded my speakers to Polk db6750 and have upgraded my amp to Eclipse PA5532.
Next I will be working on the box and subs. I have been tossing over subs and I will have to wait until I have my box built to know how much air space I will have to see what I can fit. The spare well is decently sized, big enough to fit 3 12’s but have been tossing up 2 8’s, figured less air space.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic