Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
which is better?
"conspiracy in silence speaks louder than words" -John Lennon
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
jesus this forum is nuts, make 1000% sure whatever you choose to get pictures up of this insane focus when your done.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
kirktcashalini, he is now working on a 2005 Chevorlet Malibu Classic.
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 6 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
iraq_bound? 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
thank you for the private message https://www.the12volt.com i guess i'll come clean and just put it all out there----->>>>>>> my car is a 2005 4 door cheverolet malibu. everything is stock!!!! keep this also in mind none of my equipment is hooked up yet::: the list is as follows: a turquoise gold series under-car neon kit. infinity kappa 7"s or 6 3/4" for the two front doors and infinity kappa 6x9's in the rear deck these will be powered by a hifonics "titan" series 4x110 amp i also purchased dynamat extreme sheets and that dynaxorb for inside exactly behind my 7"s .. now on to the battery it is stock as i said earlier but i have a good feeling i will have to get an optima or something like it. i went with a pair of streetwires side to top brass/gold-plated post and i am still in the process of getting some other "fancy smancy"gold or platinum conectors for that....now on to the issue of subs, i've got a pyle pla 4300 4000 watt mono block amp that is 1 ohm stable i will be wireing this probably in parralell (if i'm reading the bluprints on this web-site correctly https://www.the12volt.com)) to 3 subwoofers in a 40x14x14.5 sealed three chamber box i believe that it measures 1.26 cu ft. all of this and i still will be keeping my stock radio/cd to acomplish this i will use a "tap-in squeeze connectors" wired to a scosche fai-3a singal adapter along with stinger male to male adapters and stinger female to 2 male rca jack's. i don't have any subs yet i repeat i dont have any subs yet but i'm pretty sold on the infinity kappa 12"s i found 3 of them brand new for around $550. i hope that this will clear the air a little bit....
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
why you don't go with 4 12"? 4 12" single voice coil(4ohm) is better for the ohm load(1 ohm) and better spl than 3 12". also how are the subs going to be, upfiring? if so, build a box with these dimension: W34" x H9.25" x D31" 3/4" thickness that's 4.2 cuft tot. and 1cuft per subs, put a divider for them so each subs get it's own chamber (1cuft). that will be more than enought for those kappa's and be pretty loud also. i have the same box dimensions in a toyota corolla with 4 12" subs and it fit nicely, you have a 2005 chevrolet malibu, so space is not a problem. and what's the rms of the pyle amp? if i was you check a better amp. pyle is overated.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
how can 4 12's fit in any box other than band-pass at only 34" wide?
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

hey iraq....ohms are very important when setting up a sub to an  amp.you could just buy subs and an amp....but will never get the most from it. so match your subs to your amp and budget.   i personaly run 4 15" subs in a lexan box with a 50  watt soundstream amp.yes 50 watt.    but the subs combo to be 1/2 ohm...which is the sweet spot for this amp, and it pounds!  and if you plan to enter this vechile in competition,then low watts are wht you want.

i have 18 speakers in my mustang convertable...total of 293 watts. i know this was the wrong car for competition but built it anyway. i hit 139db..in a convertable. not bad for 293watts.

so look at ohms first.iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 6 -- posted image.     XS

Aruman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
4 12" sub will fit in a sealed box with dimensions w34" x h9.25" x d31" and 3/4" thickness.
iraq_bound? 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
hey Aruman I'm confusediraq_bound, stereo system - Page 6 -- posted image. because if side by side 12x3=36" wide and @9.25"h how can a 12 fit inside a 9.25"h tha depth I can get
Aruman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
it will fit, but not like 3 12" side by side like you said.
also the subwoofers that you plan to buy the infinity kappa wich one? the infenity kappa series(350wrms) or the kappa perfect(400wrms)? because both of them will fit, the kappa series have a depth of 5" and the kappa perfect have a depth of 7". I have 4 12" mtx 7500 and they have a depth of 7.198" and they fit nicely in the box and the box fit nicely in my small trunk car. here is a pic of the box that i made.
iraq_bound, stereo system - Page 6 -- posted image.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic