icon

Horn Keeps going off. schematic provided

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silentblackhat 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

I hae a 1999 honda civic.  to make a long story short, what i wanted to do was solder a wire to the horn terminal inside the remote control module and when i hit the lock button 2 times, usually the horn goes off once...but instead of the horn going off i wanted to have the relay that i have hooked to the wire turn on while there is current goin to the horn and have it turn off when stops(we are talking a 1/4 of a second honk).   when I touch the wire thats hooked to the relay(the relay is grounded also) the horn goes off.  I can see that the battery is always connected to the horn coil and when i touch the horn lead to my relay thats grounded, it will make the horn relay go off, but also make my relay go off.  but i only want my relay to go off.  is there anything else that i can solder that wire to that will give me the 12v for just that split second when i hit my remote to lock my car?  Below is the schematic of the horn circuit.

Horn Keeps going off.  schematic provided -- posted image.

dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Is that the factory diagram you show there? Looks unusual how everything is chained up like that.
Are you just looking to disable the horn honk when you lock the car? Would have thought that would be programmable in some way if it's a factory setup, but if not, it seems like the only way would be to cut the wire from the keyless receiver circuit and use that for your separate relay.
silentblackhat 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i should have looked through my factory manual first...well that picture is from mine, i just didnt look far enough.  on the picture with the output to the keyless reciever, when the lock button is pressed 2 times on the remote, the remote module acts as a ground for a split second, making the closed circuit for the horn relay and then it goes off.  i havnt looked at the schematic but thats how i see that it works because from the horn circuit its a constant 12v so the only way is to ground that(which i was doing) and the horn would go off.  I decided to cut the factory wire running to the remote module, then put my own 12v supply to my circuit i made then put the ground wire inplace of the horn circuit wire going to the module...so when i press the button, there will b a constant 12v supply and then module will act as its ground for a split second. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic