icon

Car Alarm Keyless door '94 explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
explorer94 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 94' Explorer that didn't come with a factory installed alarm. I have been trying to get everything to work. I am having problems getting the door to unlock. I bought a alarm on ebay. the model # is HS-100 it is a OEM 4 type alarm and that is all I know about it. It has 6 wires for the door unlock. It looks like 2 go to the motor and the other 4 are just 2 + and  2 - . I hooked the 4 up to the unlocking and locking switch and nothing works. I have been trying for a week to get this working and still nothing. I have never installed any kind of alarm before. I have everything working but the locks.

I looked and read other forums about this problem with the explorer. I read that they are reversed polarity, positive polarity, and that it needs relays. to cutting the unlock wire.

I don't know what the problem is so any help to walk me through this is greatly appreciated.

-- ---xxxx---
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

If your Vehicle did NOT come with Factory Keyless, you will need to wire it as a 5 Wire Reversal

Also, If you have a 6 wire Door Lock wiring on your HS-100, it should have instructions that show something similiar:

N / C

COM - UNLOCK
N / O
N / C
COM - LOCK
N / O
If Instructions do NOT show that, then Post what you have

To wire 5 Wire Reversal:

Cut the LOCK & UNLOCK wires ( on Vehicle ) in Half.
One cut side goes to Switch
One cut side goes to Motor ( Actuator )
UNLOCK:
N / C = Switch side
COM = Motor side ( Actuator )
N / O = 12 Volt Constant +
LOCK:
N / C = Switch side
COM = Motor side ( Actuator )
N / O = 12 Volt Constant +

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
explorer94 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

My installation book has 5 different diagrams for wiring the locks. I am using the diagram that they say is for fords.

I have 6 wires 1 orange 1orange and black both of them are supposed to go to a negative pole.

1 yellow and 1 yellow and black are 12v.        And there is 1 white and 1 white and black the diagram shows that it goes to the motor.

What I am trying to do is run 1+ and1- toeach side of the door unlock and lock located at the drivers side locking switch. I had the white wires ran to the motor as the inst. say to do. Nothing Happens.

Today I took a  multimeter and tested the brain of the alarm. I tested each one of the door wires and I couldn't find any kind of a hot when I pushed the lock/un-lock. I don't know why I couldn't find a hot.

Also My alarm systems brain has an output wire for a negative trigger door side swith. it says swith I don't know what it means. This wire isn't hooked up b'cuz I have no idea where it goes.

There is also a wire that is for the Acc that isn't hooked up b'cuz I again have no idea where to install it.

If anyone can leave me a # to call you at. I would rather talk than type. I am located in the U.S. not Afgan. I made an error when registering. Thanks for all your help it is really appreciated and needed thanks

-- ---xxxx---

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic