icon

Optima or Stinger Battery?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  

I need a deepcycle battery and I really do not know which one to get - what do you guys think??? Optima Yellow or Stinger SPV35 which I can get for about $25 less.

Let me know what you guys think or if any of you own either one of these batteries and what your experiences are.

Thanks Alot!

mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think you'll get anything like that for any less than about $250 AUD optima I've found to be more reliable.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
What exactly, will you be using the battery for?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
The yellow top is almost 200 after taxes and everything, so just think about 25 dollars being minimal difference at that range. They both work good, but optimas look cooler I thinkOptima or Stinger Battery? -- posted image.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
I think pcguy760 left out a zero.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
my answer stays the same, whats the difference, about 25? i know the total isnt 25 alone, rather 200ish.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

LOL, I meant there was a $25 price difference!! Haha, you guys are funny! Well yeah, I decided to go with the Optima because I have used their Red Top before and I was very happy with it. I was just wondering how good Stinger was so thats why I was deciding which one to get.

Well I will not be getting it any time soon because those guys at Autozone told me that my Civic battery was fried and dead. Well, I bring it home - leave it overnight on a 6A Charger and in the morning its holding a steady 12.7V. So I put it back it the car (which I just got running today) - and it starts right up!! It has been working fine all day and night so far. Oh its a regular delco battery btw - once I get the amp repaired (5 Channel MTX) I will be switching to the Optima Yellow.

Cheers!

willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
Good to hear you got your car running again! Get that Optima in there before the same thing happens all over again.Optima or Stinger Battery? -- posted image.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
for a civic we used a kenetik 1800 power cell.....thats what I would reccommend
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Jeff I never heard of that battery but with your kind of SPL I bet it comes in handy! I think I would go with the one optima yellow 51R and call it a day because my Civic does not have major boom lol. All I have are two Hifonics ZS12 subs, Lanzar Midranges, Pioneer 6x9s and 4 of those 1" Tweeters you find on ebay (the ones that sound good lol) and one amp running the whole thing is a MTX 5 Channel BlueThunder PRO400X5 - Headunit is a Pioneer Flip Out Screen 5700 or something like that.

Most of the time we like playing the music with the car shut off and at night we have the neons on while parked - so I guess the Optima would be good enough huh?

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic