icon

compustar problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grtn316 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a compustart 2wss-as in my 95 dodge stealth. This is my first intall and everything seems fine except one part. When I try and arm the alarm it just beeps and flashes the lights 3 times. The remote shows the lights flashing and an arrow pointing up in the window. The window is rolled up and the alarm is not wired to the window either. If I put the alarm in passive mode, the doors will lock. I have a factory alarm. I only wired the disarm wire up. Is this ok or could this be my problem?
larkster 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
is the hood pin or trunk pin input of the compustar grounded?  if the unit sees the trunk or the hood open it wont arm
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I went out and opened the trunk and tried to arm it. It displayed that the trunk was open. Then I closed the trunk and tried the hood. The alarm showed the door to be open (is this normal?). I then closed the hood and tried arming it with the door open. It showed the door open. I then closed the door and tried it. It showed an arrow in the door window pointing up.
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, Next idea was to unhook the sensor wires. After this, t worked fine. I am going to try and run a wire from the connector to the brain and go through them 1 by 1 and see if i can find the sensor that is not working correctly.
grtn316 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
That was easy. I hooked up each sensor individually and found that the hood pin sensor is not working right. I tapped the hood pin wire from the factory alarm.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic