icon

Viper 791xv starts on its own!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rcantu71 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

hey all, I thought it was my imagination but I just watched my transmitter beep and start the truck. I was 3 ft from the transmitter so I know it was me. My neighbor told me my parking lights were flashing 1 night so it had to be running at that time.

any thoughts?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  

Check the fuse holder at the battery.  Vipers are notorious for starting when applying power to them, and they are alos prone to corroded fuse holders that cause intermittent power problems.

Good luck!

Kevin Pierson
aviator 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  

Wow... that is really strange Rcantu....... so this has only happened twice to your knowledge? 

Hope some of the experts can chime in on this one.... tommorrow, a 791XV goes in my Bronco. 

Kevin
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
When all else fails... try reading the instructions that came with it!!!
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
Also might want to make sure it's not getting set into the timer mode where it'll start every three hours.  When you hit the remote start button do the parking lights flash twice or 4 times.  If they flash 4 times then it's activating the timer mode.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  

it does flash 4 times!  now how can i turn this mofo off :)

cntrylvr79 wrote:
Also might want to make sure it's not getting set into the timer mode where it'll start every three hours.  When you hit the remote start button do the parking lights flash twice or 4 times.  If they flash 4 times then it's activating the timer mode.

rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  

i believe it is like this: to enter or turn off timer mode hit lock and unlock at teh same time

to normally start it the car just hit the * twice its something similiar to that ive came accross this issure before

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Do you have your owners manual, because its listed in there. Other wise I can check one out when I get to work today.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
If you are hitting the lock and unlock buttons at the same time to r/s the truck stop.  Should be just hitting the star button twice to start the car.  If hitting the star button twice is still causing the parking lights to flash four times then something got screwy with the way the remote is programmed.  To reset the transmitter, open the door turn the ignition on push the valet button 11 times.  the push and hold it once more. the led should flash 11 times and the sirenshould also chirp 11 times.  While still holding the valet button down push the lock button on the transmitter.  The siren should chirp once.  Now all transmitters have been delelted from the alarm.  turn the ignition off.  So now you just have to reprogram the transmitter  to the alarm.  Turn the ignition back on push the valet button once.  Then push and hold the button.  The siren will chirp once and led will flash once.  While holding the valet button push the lock button on the transmitter once.  The siren should chirp.  If you have more than one remote for the alarm push the lock button on each of the other remotes now too.  The siren should chirp after each lock button is pressed.  Once you've done that with all the remotes, just turn the ignition off and make sure each transmitter works.  All should be good then.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
rcantu71 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys for the assistance. I got it now. 
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Whats the problem with turning the car with the lock and unlock buttons? thats how my remote is set up. I do not use the star button for anything. My alarm is a clifford matrix rsIII.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic