icon

facing subs, which is louder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
i figure that out after doing some reading on the link. Then i wnet back to work on my car more determined to fit the box in, and  i got it in, after i found out they missed a back piece of metal in the trunk that stopped the box from going in all the way, so now the subs are facing the same way they did before when i had just 2 15's. So tomorrow when i finsh installing the subs i expect it to be louder then it was with 2 15';s so hopefully i should be happy until at least next summerfacing subs, which is louder - Page 2 -- posted image.
goingcrazyonsound
drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
This site and link has been around for a long time.. I always suggest it to anyone inquiring about sub directions...
Aiming a woofer box...
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  

Is that JBL 1200.1 amplifier the same amp that you used on the two 15" setup? If it is then it won't be louder at all...

If you upgraded the amplifier, then read this:

This was already posted in a thread a little while ago by the way.

In order to increase db you must double your wattage. That's only for a 3 db increase. So if two times the wattage you have yields +3db, then one and a half times the wattage would only be a +1.5db increase. Lets say you were running 400 watts to each of the two 15's before. To get another 400 watts to that other sub would cost atleast another $150 or possibly more. (don't know what you paid) In this example, that would mean you would pay $150 for a 1.5db gain, or $10 for every tenth of a decibel! If you paid more than 150 to get that extra 400 watts then the price for every tenth just got steeper. Louder? yes. Much louder? not really.

On the other hand, if your in SPL comps then every tenth of a decibel counts.....

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic