icon

Favorite Tools

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Brand wise? Id say Snap-On and Craftsman.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Vyse wrote:
What do you guys keep in your tool box? Any favorite or recommended brands for everyday or specialty tools? I have a small collection of sockets and drivers comprised of Stanley and Craftsman, mostly my dads old tools and Black And Decker reciprocating and jigsaws and 18 Volt cordless drill. Want to buy a brand new set of sockets and drivers, just can't make up my mind on what to get.
  Here's my list of tools.
Favorite Tools - Page 2 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

Screwdrivers and ratchets I use Snap-On. Sockets and wrenches I use Craftsman. But my favorite tool is the Tektronix 7603 digitizer. This is the Alpine 7909 of scopes. Old skool but a classic.

Favorite Tools - Page 2 -- posted image.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
got an old car antenna sharpened to a point used to poke rubber grommets. use it all the time. pretty much do matco and craftsman. got a few off brands i've picked up just for the sake to have.
avxtech 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  

I use mainly crafstman. I also use the Mista Meter its ausome, cant function without it ,like having a logic probe,multimeter, and test light in one! Here a pic from the website:

Favorite Tools - Page 2 -- posted image.

electrostatic 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
fluke multimeter, pen knife for cutting insulation, milwaukee heat gun for heat shrink, cable tie gun, small diag pliers
Vyse 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
The old antenna is a great tool, agreed.
bigfoot286 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
my two favorit tools are my trama aheers(im a emt and its what we use to cut clothes off) i use it ALL the time, cutting wires velcro and in some cars the cloth they have around the ign harnes. and my hevy gaguge wire cutters love thoes damn things manly for cutting raido harness like the sony ones that are all different lengths cut them all down to one size with one stroke. brands i like crafstman and a few snapone things, they have weird cool tools.
yourm0m1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
my dremel's have got to be my fav. wired and cordless, i tend to cut alot of things up b4 i create something custom so it my best tool. also something better then a great set of tools is a great tool box to store them all in, i plan on making a custom box in the back of my explorer Favorite Tools - Page 2 -- posted image.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

The best tool that I have (aside from this site) is....... employees to clean the bay after I lay waste to it. Favorite Tools - Page 2 -- posted image. After that, my butane torch.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic