icon

Zapped 771xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raven509 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

I had a 771xv professionally installed in my 2000 F250. I purchased a second transmitter which worked fine for the past year. I recently got a 791xv professionally installed in my car with a second remote. I wanted to take one of each type of remote and have it for each vehicle. I zapped the 771xv with a bitwriter to remove the remotes from memory and went to install one of the original remotes as per the installation instructions. I opened the door, turned the key to the on position, and then pressed the valet/program button to select channel one. Nothing happened. The LED did not flash, no siren output. I pressed the valet/program button a second time and held, and pressed the lock button on the remote. Again, nothing happened the LED did not flash, no siren output.

Any suggests on what I'm doing wrong, and how to program the remote to the 771xv? Also, will I have the same problem programming the 791xv? I did not do anything with that one since I could not get the 771xv to work.

jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
The learn routine can be locked. The only way to unlock it is with the bitwriter. You are supposed to get a long chirp when trying to program it, if the learn routine is locked. This might be another angle to look at the problem. Also, is your valet switch connected?
raven509 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

It is not locked. When it is Zapped, it would also put it at the factory default settings. That would also unlock it, if it was. I did verify that it is not currently unlocked. The valet switch does work. It allows me to put the alarm in valet mode, and take it back out. It is currently not in valet mode. I believe that it is not suppose to allow you to program the larm in valet mode. I did try both ways though.

raven509 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

Correction:

It is not locked. When it is Zapped, it would also put it at the factory default settings. That would also unlock it, if it was. I did verify that it is not currently locked. The valet switch does work. It allows me to put the alarm in valet mode, and take it back out. It is currently not in valet mode. I believe that it is not suppose to allow you to program the larm in valet mode. I did try both ways though.

jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
try it opening both doors. instead of just one. Disconect the power to the alarm for a few min and then try it again. Just some more options.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
for channel 1 you open door, turn ign on and press release valet button, then press and hold. you should get a chirp, while still holding the valet press the lock on the remote. turn ign off.
mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
also i dont think a 771 remote will work with a 791. and visa versa.
raven509 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

I tried disconnecting the batteries (it's on a diesel truck) for 10 minutes. It is doing the same thing. No lights, or chirps.

I tried both doors open, right door only, left door only and even both doors closed. All have the same results.

As far as the "locked" transmitter, I went back and purposely locked it and tried it that way, then unlocked it and tried again. It still has no lights/chirps after pressing the valet button.

I read in one of the forums that the remotes would work on each, but at this point, I am just trying to get it to work as it did before I started. Luckily, I did not do anything with the 791xv alarm.

mobilecustoms 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
does anybody know for sure that a 771 remote will work with a 791 system?
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
No the lcd remote from a 771 can not be used on a 791 and vice versa.  I've tried it many times in the past because of customers.  The only way to change the remotes is to change the antenna as well.  The down side is you still can't mix and match remotes.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic