icon

Suggestions on replacing my Xtant 1001

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
     I had an Xtant 600.1 powering one IDMAX 12, unfortunatly this amp cooked itself last night.....I am looking for a new one, sort of leaning towards the 1100.1 by Zapco, but definatly looking for suggestions.  Please drop me some good suggestions on a replacement amp, thanks!
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse DA7122 is a great amp to consider as well. It is optimized for 2 ohm operation and delivers a minimum of 950w rms into that load. Built like a tank at the same time.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
It's still about a month and a half away but everything I hear about the new Alpine PDX-1.1000 is that it is the next great idea in amps. 1000 watts RMS into 2 or 4 ohms in a size a little bigger then the palm of your hand. Almost no heatsink. Go on their websight and check it out. Steve Brown who builds Alpine's demo cars says it's the easiest to install amp he's ever used.  You can actually fit 1000 watts under the front seat of an import car.
There is no such thing as free installation!
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
It's still about a month and a half away but everything I hear about the new Alpine PDX-1.1000 is that it is the next great idea in amps. 1000 watts RMS into 2 or 4 ohms in a size a little bigger then the palm of your hand. Almost no heatsink. Go on their websight and check it out. Steve Brown who builds Alpine's demo cars says it's the easiest to install amp he's ever used.  You can actually fit 1000 watts under the front seat of an import car.

Did he happen to mention the price of this magical amplifier from Alpine? Small size, but HUGE price!

The Eclipse amps are very nice. I would recommend Orion, of course. They are my favorite for a reason. Extremely powerful and they will never fry! As long as you don't do anything stupid, an Orion amp will last damn near forever. Great price on them too. Real hard to beat that. Of course, many other brand amplifiers will certainly get the job done too.

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
$800 bucks for 1000 watts isn't cheap but certainly within the price range of other high quality amps. Did you see it at CES?
There is no such thing as free installation!
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Check the phoenix gold x1200.1. I got a 600, its pretty sweet amp, the 1200 would put out minorly over 1200 CEA certified watts from any impedance load from 1 to 4. I am running the 600.1 at 4 ohms. It is a very reasonable, CERTIFIED amp that can supply good power at 4 ohms. Check em out.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
wopino 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
what about kenwood amps?? how do they stack up to the ones already mentioned...?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
never been bad amps in my opinion but definatly a step behind the alpine and PG amps
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  

Wondering if anyone has any opinion on braxx amplifiers

audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
The Brax stuff is very high end. If you want to spend the $$$$ it's great stuff. The Helix line is the middle of the road, still excellent quality. All made in Germany. Haven't heard their speakers.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic