Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
help the schematic her doest show the wires for the electric door locks
audiophd 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
dude more info is needed.......... what model car is it.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

sorry 

ok here is what i got   2000 elentra h

it has electric door locks and windows.  but the schematic only shows the door triger.  where do i find the wires that control the door locks. 

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
you'll have to add an actuator in the driver door to physically move the driver door lock mechanism. All the other doors will lock/unlock with the driver door.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

ah i told you guys it has electric door locks.

the doors lock all lock with the drivers door.  obsusly there are actuators already in the doors.  by adding an alarm  i will be able to ad the keyless entry.  so do i need to tap into the wire that controls the drivers dooor? 

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
If the vehicle didn't have power locks, you would have to add actuators in ALL doors.
Since it does have power locks, you only have to add an actuator in the drivers door. This is the only way there is no wire to tap into. Good luck,
Mike
xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

ok so if when i lock the drivers door. the lock has to be connected to a wire somehow, otherwise how would all the doors lock?  i need to take the door abart and look inside?  or would it be better to get a dealer book on the car.  i guys not to many people know anything about these cars hu?

thanks i have to investigate

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
No need to investigate I will make it real easy for you. Go out to the front PASSENGER door of your car, manually lock and unlock that door. Does the drivers door lock and unlock along with it?
If it does, then there is an actuator in the drivers door and you don't have to add one.
If it doesn't, then there is no actuator in the drivers door and you will have to add one.
Good luck,
Mike
xtremeimage 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

ok i will try that

its kind a hard when i dont have the car in front of me .  my daughter is always out and about

thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic