viper 791xv 98 trans am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Kapedogg 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

ccroadshop99031 wrote:
check the pins in the door lock switch  sometimes they bend when the pulg comes out if the bottom cover comes off

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it.  Could you explain what you mean by the pins in the door lock switch, such as where it is and everything?  I don't know much of anything about this stuff :(  Thanks again.

shoelesscraig 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
To be honest, I don't remember which fuse it was.  I believe (don't hold me to this) but I believe that it was a yellow 20 amp fuse, in the glovebox that is located to the left of the steering wheel.
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
when you unplug the door lock switch in the door
Kapedogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2005 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Well, all the fuses seem to be intact.  I'll try making sure the door lock switches are properly plugged in later today.  THanks again for all the help guys.
Kapedogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
After the shop installed my 791xv in a 98 trans am with power locks, they could not get the locks to lock.  They unlock, but will not lock using the remote or the push button inside the car.  A signal goes to the BCM, it clicks, but nothing happens to the locks.  There has to be a way to wire up some relays to bypass the BCM and send the signal directly to the door locks.  Anyone know how exactly to wire this up????
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

are you saying that the doorlock switch on the drivers door no longer works as well?

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Kapedogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Yes.  The remote does not lock them, and neither do the switches in the doors.  However, the remote and both switches are able to unlock the doors.

Kapedogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have some advice???
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Check all fuses, connections, ets. If you are saying that your doorlock worked prior to taking it to a shop, they installed a system for you and the lock no longer works at all, I would have them look at the car. Check to make sure that the RED / black (- trigger for lock) at the BCM in the passenger kick is still connected. I am not saying this is your problem, I am just trying to offer something to try.
As far as hooking directly to the motors, yes you can do that, trusting everything else is fine. You would have to 5 wire the lock side of the circuit, just as the unlock should be connected currently.
Kapedogg 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  

Unfortunately the shop gave up on it after 7 days and gave me a discounted install rate, and I can't find anyone else to work on it.  Everything seems to be connected properly according to the schematics.

How exactly do I wire up the 5 wire lock side of the circuit?

I'm willing to try just about anything at this point.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic