98 grand cherokee alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Laur 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hi all

have this prbl with 1998 grand cherokee : the interior lights don"t turn off only  ( they turn off when engine starts )  ;

and the alarm sounds every 5-6 minutes .

Any ideea what  happened ? i disconect the alarm door trigger but i had to repair that .

I also check all doors triggers they work fine .

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
If the interior goes off only when the engine start, you may have connected the STARTER KILL wire instead of the trigger wire. It maybe just an overlook on your part.
The alarm going off every 5-6 minutes could be a combination of many things. Disconnect all of trigger going into the alarm first. Wait and see if the alarm will act up again. If it goes off without any trigger connected. You know the brain or the remote unit may be the issue. Now connect the rest of trigger if you gotten to this point. Continue to follow up with your investigation as you have with rest of the install. Check your hoodpin, grounding, voltage, ...etc. I hope this will get you started.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.98 grand cherokee alarm -- posted image.
Laur 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

I have check out all triggers and works fine , the problem is on the car . The dome light stays on before i install the alarm . I try to disconect the fuse for the dome light but the alarm still sounds at 5-6 min.

P.M. I do not conect the starter killer .

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
DOOR TRIGGER|yellow    |- |drivers kick panel
To avoid dome light delay there are 5 separate trigger wires in a 14 pin black plug at the BCM located between the steering column and the drivers kick panel. The plug is located in the drivers side front corner of BCM just behind the knee bolster. All wires in the plug exit straight down. The door trigger colors are tan, tan/red, tan/orange, and tan / YELLOW. The trunk trigger color is tan/black. All of them are negative trigger. Grab each wire and diode isolate.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.98 grand cherokee alarm -- posted image.
Laur 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

Yes

allready done this

the probl is on the car

the dome light still  go on

until engine starts

the alarm brain is unpluget

Laur 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
I"m helpless
Laur 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

No help ?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
The CCD module in the vehicle controls dome light supervision and I believe it activates the dome light upon disarming the factory alarm. In the driver's kick panel is a purple / YELLOW wire that works as the factory alarm disarm wire that goes to ground when the key cylinder in the door is turned to unlock. Check this wire to see if it is resting at ground.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic