icon

Bad batch of resin/hardner from SP?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Glowinlow22 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

I've layed poly glass in temps as low as 50 degrees and its cured overnight without bumping up the hardner, i dont prefer to do it that way but fiberglass will cure in as cold as 50 degrees anything below that and its  a crap shoot.  the average temps here are around 60 lately and in 60 to 65 degrees my bondo brand cures in about 25 mins, you deffinatly have a bad batch. 

I also really prefer using epiglass products but not everyone carries it and its not exactly the cheapest stuff to use. for smaller projects i've found that wal marts bondo brand of resin actually doesnt do to bad i've had it cure as low as 55 degrees as well but it was extremely slow in doing so, so i threw a small spot light on it and in 20 mins it was nice and solid.   Work lights are a life saver just be careful because a light bulb will easily warm the glass up above the working temps of the resin/hardner your using.  

J~

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic