99 ford windstar, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djlayz 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=63938&KW=windstar

does the procedure at the bottom of this post actually work. i would like to know because i only got 1 key with my van and i got the spare key made at ford but didnt get it programmed yet. so if anyone knows if this works please let me know cause this will save me lik 50$.

djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  

last night my shock sensor kept going off every half an hour till i finally decided to turn it off. and i also noticed my rps goes off everyonce in a while, when nobody is around my car to knock on the window. does anybody know why these 2 things keep going off.

djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
well i turned the sensitivity on my shock sensor down to 2 and its not going off but my paging system went off a couple of times still. and there still is no one around to knock on the window. so one has to know whats up with this. it cant be 'cause i hooked it up wrong.
djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
ok i need to know if there is a way to set up my r/s without having the 2 keys. can anyone help me out please?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
djlayz wrote:
ok i need to know if there is a way to set up my r/s without having the 2 keys. can anyone help me out please?
Chris' post will work, so long as you can get a key that can be cut and turn the ignition cylinder. Doing it this way would be the least expensive, but also would take away the functionality of the factory anti-theft system. You can go to the dealership and have them program a new key to the vehicle without the need for 2 original keys, but I have heard this is a very expensive option.
Hope this helps.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic