99 ford windstar, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djlayz 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

2 problems in my 99 windstar

#1 - i hooked up the doortrigger with the diode (cathode away from the light) and the alarm input  to the cathode side but every half hour my alarm goes off and the remote says doors are being opened. i really need to fix this its really annoying.

#2 - i got my keyless entry to work but it only works for the sliding doors and trunk. even on thje door itself it only un/locks the back doors. anybody no how to get it s that all the doors un/lock with the remote

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  

Ford's F.E.M. And R.E.M. Will Drop A Low Signal Across The Dome Light And In Most Cases Cause A False Trigger.

To Eliminate This, Connect One Side Of 10 k Ohm Resistor To The Door Trigger wire and Connect The Other Side Of The Resistor to 12 Volts.
Alternate Wire: Use YELLOW/BLUE (-) At Under Dash Curtesy Lamp If Equipped. Does Not Require Pull Up Resistor.
Use YELLOW (-) At Dimmer For Dome Light Supervision.

Also, sounds like you do NOT have the correct wires for Door Locks or bad connection or you may need Relays for stronger GROUND Pulse

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

i have it right have the door & trunk trigger input hooked up to the yellow/blue at the under dash with the diode and it goes off every 1/2 hour. i tried it with out the diode and the same thing. i havent tried a resistor yet but i found this on a different posting http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/New%20Wires/New%20Wires/Wires/images/windstardp.htm. i was wondering if this would work if i hooked it up to the yellow/blue instead of the ORANGE / white & BROWN / pink..

as for the door locks they are working according to the vechile wiring on here, it says that the drivers door lock & passenger door lock are different wires then the back. any suggestions on what i should do?

djsnovas 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

here is a diagram that will fix your falsing problems on your door trigger http:// www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/9901windstar.gif 

https://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/9901windstar.gif

djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
i got the door trigger working now. thanks for all the help. but i still dont got the door locks to work  for the front doors. can anyone help me out with this one. also i still uncertain about the tach wire. its really hard to get to the wires under the hood. i was wondering if theres a wire under the dash. and if  so were. i see a pink/white wire comin from the fuse box is this the same wire?
djsnovas 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
its easy to find the tach look under the hood, locate the throtle cable now just behind it you will see big wire harness with gray on it now just to the left is your coil pack there is a four wire plug on the right side of the coil pack (to the left of the big wire harness your pink/white is there just unplug it and its easy to get at as per your front door locks i need some more info does your back doors work ? do your factory switchs work on the front ? did they work before you installed the alarm/starter if your fronts dont work at all then you might have a break in a factory wire. 
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
the lcoks are at the fem module under the dash . for tach go to an injector. its easy to get to at the front of the engine
djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
the lock & unlock buttons on the drivers and passenger door both unlock the back doors and the trunk. they dont lock / unlock the front doors. this is how they were before i installed the r/s
djsnovas 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
well i guess you'll have to get a wire diagram for the factory door locks so you can check the wires for breaks also check the factory relays maybe they are fried
djlayz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
i think i figured out the problem with my door locks. i think the actuators are fried. so i ordered a set yesterday. i was wondering how hard is it to install aftermarket actuators in my windstar.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic