icon

fyi for internet buyers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
indoaudio's where i bought my memphis amp from about two months ago. they seemed good...
expect to get your equipment with NO serial numbers though... they rip the serial numbers off for some reason or another... so God help you if something happens and you need to send your equipment back to the manufacturer. you can't. you have to send it to indo audio instead.
That a quote is from a wized of customer of Indoaudio's
When people buy Memphis or alot of other brand names from the internet,,,This is what they do. So it may be cheap to buy but expect just to toss it in the trash if it goes bad. With no serial numbers its as good as it last.
Just an FYI for internet buyers
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
i suspect they do this so manufacturers cant trace who or where they are getting this stuff from......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
In the state of California this is against the law.
There is no such thing as free installation!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Yep.  This is called buying from the "gray market."  No warranty and no assurance that the equipment is any good or even genuine.  There is a lot of fake "high end" stuff coming out of China right now.  It's easy enough to copy someone's case and logo and slap it on any old crappy frame.  Buyer beware and always purchase from authorized dealers!!
Support the12volt.com
kopeah 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
zapco made an announcement about the same issue regarding woofersetc and acaraudio. Some manufacturer have their own online store some don't, but you can always call them and ask where to buy if they don't dealer in your area.
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
glad i read this i was just lookin into acaraudio, saw their really good prices and began wondering, wan't sure but now i've decided lol
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ya my Memmphis rep said they will follow up on this and call the law on them. haha
austincustoms 
Copper - Posts: 232
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I got an alpine online at carstereoland.com, and the serial # was scratched off.  It worked just fine, but I assume it came from overseas, because it took forever to get, and customer support was CRAP.

04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

I had a customer bring in a couple of JL amps he bought off the net for install. The serial numbers were scratched off the amps so they couldn't be traced back to a dealer, but the brilliant company left the stickers with the serial numbers right on the boxes.......

Companies like JL will axe a dealer if they are caught selling on the net.

04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6
dstang24 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2006 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
04MDX4SQ wrote:

Companies like JL will axe a dealer if they are caught selling on the net.

****Please read this entire message before replying****

Question... what is the problem with selling on the NET?  I mean, if you are an authorized dealer and you keep the price above MAP?  I understand that selling the product for pennies like many online places do is really bad, but why not allow it if it's within the pricing standards from a reputable authorized company?

I'm obviously missing something...

Team Edge Audio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic