icon

arc audio vs. kicker?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jquest03 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Just wandering how you plan on powering all of this?   I couldnt find a boat alternator higher than 150amps.  Please tell me if u know of any ways to get around this?  And how many batteries are you using?
jt824 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have (4) Odesey 2150 AGM batteries (the big boys).  Plus I have the Honda 3000 EU generator with a ac to dc converter.  I normally run the system with the boat off.  I checked with alternators.com or something like that and they make a Delco alternator that puts out 140 amps but the guy is checking to see if it will be compatible with my 5.7GXI Volvo-Penta engine.  That will be better than the 65 amp alternator I have now....
jquest03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
i really want to hear this boat.  I live right next to a lake and im trying to put a boat together for myself.  Where are you putting your subs? and amps?
jt824 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have what is called a galley.......sink/cooler.  Well I took the cooler out and have a huge space behind it.  There I am putting the 15.  on the other side is a ski locker under the seat.  That space is going to hold the (2) 12"'s.  I have a storage compartment in front of the steering wheel/control center.  I have the amps mounted in that spot
jt824 
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
What Lake are you near?
jquest03 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Geist Resevoir...Indianapolis, IN

jt824 
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
I near Lake Havasu, AZ....quite a ways from you
boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
That's not the best idea... Running two different sizes of subs. I'm not sure about the whole cancelation issue in a boat, but really, having a 15 and two 12's, i think, will ultimately be useless [and sound like poop]. I'd just stick with the two 12's or two 15's.
jt824 
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for your input......
jt824 
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I finally had my system completed with ARC Audio amps and ARC Audio subs.  The system sounds great.  One thing that I did learn was the boxes that were orignally built for the (2) Kicker L7's were poor quality.  When the installer took out the old speaker box he identified several flaws the box had.  So I imagine the Kicker L7 would have sounded even better with a good quality sealed box.  Anyway, the old system measured 125 on the SPL meter, now I am hitting 140.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic