icon

tilt sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
feenal 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok I want to use a dei tilt sensor with a compustar 2W900FM-AS, which wires hook up to what, there are 3 wires from the tilt sensor which wires would they go to on the alarm, 1 is 12volt...the other 2 I'm not sure about would the go to the optional sensor? the 2 wires say ground out and alarm trigger..there are 2 wires for the option sensor...also what is the best location and position for the tilt sensors to be installed..thank you
feenal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
anyone at all...plz forgive me for the bump but I would relly like to get some info on this plzz
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  

I do not have a manual for the Compustar and you did not make any reference to what brand/model tilt sensor you have.  If it is the DEI  507T, wire it like this:

Red = Constant fused +12V

Orange = Negative when armed output from alarm (typically a negative starter kill ouput, on DEI this wire is orange)

Blue = Negative out from tilt sensor to a negative alarm trigger input (if your system has an extra negative trigger input, use this, if not diode isolate and connect with the hood pin input)

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Keep us posted.

feenal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
that is exactly what i was looking for...thank you...and yes I do have the dei 507 I couldn't remember what model it was but when I read your post I knew that was the one, I have the top of the line compustar alarm+starter model, it does have an option sensor imput and there are 2 wires from that optional sensor(gray and black with a red connector), would I use that for the blue wire, also out of the gray and black what connects to what, blue to gray and black to ground or something like that... thanks again
Anthnynixon 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Tilt sensor wires - to - Compustar wires
Red - 12v constant
Orange     ---   Connector 1, pin 5, violet wire
Blue       ---   Connector 8, pin 2, BLACK/ White
Remember sensor has to be mounted no greater than 45 degree angle and with the top of the case facing up
feenal 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
thank you very much

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic