icon

Alpine IVA-W200 review

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stannn 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

i was planning to buy this unit when i save enough money. are the audio as crisp and clear as alpine's sound quality should?

how much did you guys buy yours? we dont have this unit locally here in the philippines so i still have to shipped it here... ouch.

infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
stannn wrote:

i was planning to buy this unit when i save enough money. are the audio as crisp and clear as alpine's sound quality should?

how much did you guys buy yours? we dont have this unit locally here in the philippines so i still have to shipped it here... ouch.

i had the d300 before this one and to me i think the audio quality was far superior on the w200, not sure if they changed something , but everything sounded crisper.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
stannn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2006 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
thanks!! how much did you buy yours? is buying in ebay a good choice?
bluedevil 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

I cannot give a complete review on this since I only had it in my truck for about a day or so, but I did pay $700.00 for this touch screen , brand new.

I will leave a complete review as soon as I put it back in, as of now I am still looking for a 5 speacker harness for my 06 f150. Thing is I am having trouble finding a a harness that will intergrate my stock sub. 

riverracerx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
I just got this deck as well. So far I love it (after a week). My question is I can only get the i personalize background to show up when my DVD or CD is off, and I set the visual to that mode. Why does it not show up normally behind the radio interface? Weird?
I love the graphics and the screen is really nice. Seems to be pretty user friendly. I paid &799.
stannn 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys. i really appreciate all your help. i'll wait for your review bluedevil :)
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
bluedevil wrote:

I cannot give a complete review on this since I only had it in my truck for about a day or so, but I did pay $700.00 for this touch screen , brand new.

I will leave a complete review as soon as I put it back in, as of now I am still looking for a 5 speacker harness for my 06 f150. Thing is I am having trouble finding a a harness that will intergrate my stock sub. 

< language=>postamble();</>

Metra 70-5521
Didn't I mention that to you already?
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
riverracerx 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
I couldn't find a harness to hook up the audiophile sub, but found a great post on here on how to do it and it worked fine.
The stock sub is controlled by the little adapter (of the three that went to the stock HU)
Four wires: +, - speaker, remote turn on and ground.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
riverracerx wrote:
I couldn't find a harness to hook up the audiophile sub, but found a great post on here on how to do it and it worked fine.
The stock sub is controlled by the little adapter (of the three that went to the stock HU)
Four wires: +, - speaker, remote turn on and ground.
yeah, that little connector is what comes in the 5521. has two rca plugs, remote and ground.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Nocturnal 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

The Kenwood DDX7017 is an AV head unit.  It doesn't have built in navigation. 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-49zBZHxuBx5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=168550&id=essential_info&i=113DDX7017#Tab

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic