icon

06 GMC Sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
You can try the inputs to the GMDL BP then to see if they work. If not you will probably have use the white and light blue wires in the light blue plug of the BCM for unlock and lock. They need a negative pulse.
sparky
tk064 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I will try the module first and see if it works.  I don't have the other wires in the slots for the base wires.  For the module going to the Viper 850, does the brown wire go to the blue Aux output, or does it just need ground.  On another note, I notice I have several yellow wires in the ignition harness, how do I determine which one I need for the Viper module.  I wanted to get the alarm working before I went to the remote start.

Thanks for everyone's patience with me.

Tim

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with the Viper line. The brown wire for the GMDL BP is only to activate the module for a remote start. It will disarm the trucks factgory alarm,which yours doesn't have, and bypass the Passlock II system. You need to hook it to the wire from your system that only goes to ground when the remote starter is activated. The only yellow wire you need to likely use for your alarm is the thick yellow wire for the starter. Use a digital volt meter to test if you aren't sure which one. It will show 12 volts only when you turn the key to the crank/start position. You will also need to hook the starter wire output from the remote start to the car side, not the key side, of this wire after you cut it to hook up a starter kill circuit.
sparky
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic