icon

Mirror turn signals/running lights too

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
intmd8rfn3 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure if this is the right forum, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Have an 04 Titan with aftermarket turn signals on the mirrors. Just curious as to how I might be able to wire these up to work as running lights as well. Thanks.

xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
so you want the directionals to come on with the interior illumination?
expandable sound
south of boston
intmd8rfn3 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
No, to come on with the parking lights. And to still act as turn signals.
1998chevy1500 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
How you want to wire it is to take the two wires that power the bulb and connect one wire to the wire that has power when the tail lights are on and the other to the wire that has power when the blikers are flashing(each side has to be hooked up to its corrisponding side duh)
It sounds odd as to how it works but I'll try and explain it. When you are applying power to the park light wire it is 12v, but when it is off it is a ground. Same with the blinker wire. So when you turn on your park lights it has 12v on the parklight wire and is grounded through the blinker wire. Then with the park lights off when you turn on the blinker it gets 12v from the blinker and ground from the park light. Also when both the park light and blinker are on it will flash opposite of your blinker as when the blinker is on both wires are 12v, but when the blinker flashes off it is ground so the light lights. Lastly I am unsure if your truck is wired this way, I know my 98 Chevy is but things can change use this info at your own risk and test the wires first.
Conrad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic