icon

UK Civic and Toad Ai606

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
its in the door behind the membrane there should be the locking control unit is the there.
if so that where i got my connections but you have to cut the wires and pulse neg into the control unit..
if you don't cut the wires nothing will happen. as far as i remember its an alternating system.
i.e. when the door is locked the unlock wire shows 12v constant and when its touched with a neg it turns to a constant neg and door unlocks.
if the w5 wires above are the only ones going to the unit.. go with the 2 thin ones. just cut one and pulse it neg on the control unit side.
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
silverteg 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

The locking control unit is actually in the centre console behind the ashtray on the 5 door, so the wiring is more accessible either in the door our under the dash as the unti is so burried away.

If I understand you correctly the following diagram is what I should be doing, can you confirm that I am taking you up right. What I am doing here is disconnecting the wiring from the door lock that is usually triggered using the key. http://www.clubi.ie/bpl/Integra/Toad/solution.jpg

Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
yes thats what i had to do with the civic i done. it was an irish car '99 1.4 saloon. i thought that the wiring would be the same obviously not.
as the control unit was in the drivers door on the one i done.
i had to cut the wires to get it to work. DEI also lists a 1 wire system for the same shape. but i've never come across it
Darren Power
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Darren, I will try that and let you know how I get on.
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
No problem hope it works out for ya..
Darren Power
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
i just looked at the car diagram again. the two i suggesting cutting have you tried to interface with them without cutting. the schematic show no reason why it wouldn't work without cutting. unless the schematic is wrong
Darren Power
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
Or you could cheat slightly, as its a real pain to get wires from the pillar to the door:
Take the drivers door panel off and REMOVE the factory locking module. Pick up the White red and Yellow red wires in the drivers kickpanel. Wire the alarm for door motors and connect into the cars own central locking system. This means that the car will have full locking from the remote but none from the key. It probably wont really matter to be honest as most people can live with that.
silverteg 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Powermyster I had tried probing the wires with a grounded wire but it did not trip the locking. I had not tried interfacing them with the alarm as back then I thought it was the YEL/RED and WHT/RED that I needed and these I had connected to the alarm, I will try interfacing to them before I cut them and see if that works.
Evolution-UK, good idea, it would make it easier than trying to get the wires into the door. In any event, once I have it figured out I will see what makes the best sense at the time. I can hopefully find the wires under the dash once I know which ones are working for me.
Thanks a million guys, I really appreciate the help.
John
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
i got another idea why dont you cut the wires that drive the motor from the control moduel, now do the setup from the toad alarm locking page to drive the motor idependant, leave the other wires connected as they will operate the oem moduel for the other locks to work, this will def work, good luck
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
It is alot easier, i did one today!!
Yellow/red and WHITE/ red are the cars motor wires. Wire the alarm for door motors. (RED / blk RED / yel - 12v, grey/yell blu/yel - earth. bl/red grey/red - to the cars motor wires)
Simple. Yet effective!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic