icon

CS-2016DPFM Remote Start in '96 Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JdM xplod b01 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed my crimestopper CS-2016DPFM in my 1996 nissan altima. I did all the basic stuff, locks, triggers, start disable, etc. . . everything works but i need to know what wires i need to do the remote start. Im thinkin i need to find starter wire, tach (negative on coil ?), and brake wire. Can som1 tell me the colors to these and where i can find them? Also is there any other thing i will need to know to install remote start?
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
for remote start you need:
MODEL YEAR(S)
ALTIMA   1993 -1997
KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
N/A    NIS-2    N/A
PART   COLOR LOCATION DIAGRAM
12 VOLT CONSTANT   WHITE/ RED to WHITE (+)    IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER BLACK / YELLOW to BLACK/ WHITE (+) See NOTE *1   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     
STARTER 2 BLACK/ GREEN to BLACK / YELLOW (+) See NOTE *1 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
IGNITION 1 BLACK/ WHITE to BLACK/ RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   
IGNITION 2 N/A       
IGNITION 3 N/A       
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 RED to BLACK/ PINK (+) See NOTE *2   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS, See DIAGRAM   26500_ALTIMA_NISSAN ACCESSORY ISOLATION CIRCUIT.pdf
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A       
KEYSENSE N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) N/A       
PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED / BLUE (+)   @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS     
POWER LOCK GRAY/BLUE (TYPE B)   @ DOORLOCK TIMER, See NOTE *3     
POWER UNLOCK GRAY/RED (TYPE B)   @ DOORLOCK TIMER, See NOTE *3     
LOCK MOTOR WIRE N/A       
DOOR TRIGGER RED / WHITE (-)   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL     
DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER       
TRUNK RELEASE N/A       
SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A       
HORN GREEN / WHITE (-)   @ STEERING COLUMN HANRESS     
TACH GREEN   @ IGNITION COIL     
WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A       
BRAKE RED / GREEN (+)   @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL     
FACTORY ALARM DISARM   GREEN/ YELLOW (-)   IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS     
ANTI-THEFT N/A       
NOTES
NOTE *1 When Installing a REMOTE STARTER, you MUST use BOTH Starter #1 and Starter #2 wires. Both wires must be connected to the STARTER/CRANKING Output wire from the Remote Starter or the vehcile will NOT Remote Start when the Engine is cold.
NOTE *2 THIS VEHILES ACCESSORY WIRE MUST BE ISOLATED FOR REMOTE STARTING AND REQUIRES AN EXTRA RELAY PART #775, TO CONNECT, See DIAGRAM
NOTE *3 TIMER MODULE IS A BLACK OR GREEN BOX LOCATED RIGHT OF FUSEBOX, BEHIND A SILVER MODULE OR, UP HIGH IN THE DRIVERS KICK PANEL, BEHIND A SILVER MODULE, DEPENDING ON THE MODEL. THERE ARE 2 PLUGS, WHITE AND BLACK. THE WIRES NEEDED FOR THE LOCKS ARE IN THE BLACK PLUG.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
I am still confused on which wires i need for the remote start.
Pioneer Premier TS-w3004spl, Bass Slammer vented, Kenwood KDC MP-4028, and a KAC-9152d.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
The Ignition, both Starters, Accessory wire, are required to get the vehicle to run, brake wire is needed to shut down the starter. Tachometer is a good idea, it makes it more reliable, but the system can work in voltage sensing as well. Hood pin is a good idea, as well as neutral safety switch wire. Pay close attention to the accessory wire as well, it needs to be isolated from the switch when remote starting.
Hope this helps
Keep us posted
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for clearin it up, but is accessory absolutly required? It looks like a pain in the a to do.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
It really depends on the vehicle, but most require at least the one accessory to power the blower motor for heat and A/C. It is not a pain to do at all, if you have done the starter kill already, it is very similar.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
So basicly accessory is for the heater or ac to be on during remote start?
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, it is. This connection may also power ABS/Airbag control modules in some vehicles.
JdM xplod b01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK, i got the remote start to work, but after i drive the car i have to use the remote to turn the car off. How can i turn the car off with the key?
Twelvoltz 
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hook up your brake wire. This tells the remote start when to shut down.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic