icon

audiovox aps 995a

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lows10bpazer 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  

hi i just bought a used audiovox aps 995a lcd remote start alarm i was wondering if n e one had a wiring digram on how to install this item? i am very good with electrical but i havent done a alarm before. the truck is a 1996 jimmy 2dr 2wd

masterk 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
go to audiovox web site you can get both installation and owners manual
8d
crawford7827@bellsouth.net
lows10bpazer 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
i did that but there install manual is pretty doodiety just wondering if there is any major things i will have to overcome ?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
Your '96 Jimmy requires nothing extraordinary for alarm or remote start. The '96 does not require any type of bypass module, nor databus interface. Just match the APS995a's wiring with what is required for your truck. Like the DEI pieces, your unit provides an alternating positive and negative trigger to activate factory doorlock relays so you will not need additional relays for them. You will need only one spare relay to activate the hatch release and one relay for starter kill if you chose to install these options.
Hope this helps.
Keep us posted.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic