icon

’06 Chevy Silverado Service 4wd message

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
apexer 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

I have an Audiovox APS685 remote start/keyless entry system installed in a '06 Chevy Silverado. (Previously in a '03 Silverado).

Since the unit was installed, when I remote start the vehicle, the "Service 4wd" message appears on the message center of the truck. (It only appears when remote starting)

What should be checked to correct the problem? 

Along with the Audiovox unit, the other modules used are a DEI 555L (for Passlock?) and a Directed Electronics 456G data bus. 

Another issue is that the vehicle is a 4 -door crew and currently can open the driver's door with one press of the "unlock" button, and it takes 2 more presses (not one more as it should) to unlock the remaining doors. Is this a matter of not having the correct data bus?  Is this in any way related to the Service 4wd message?

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
there should be a white wire at the igniton make sure you're powering that up as an igniton wire. THat should take care of the 4wd message.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
If the white wire doesn't do it, the brown 2nd accessory should definately take care of it. Usually you don't need to fire it up, but in some cases you do.
Mike
apexer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

The installer swapped out the 456G data bus with a 457G-still had the mesage come on.

He said something about having changing the 2nd & 3rd ignition wires(?) and this cured the problem with the message. 

Another thing-once I remote start the truck, turn the key to the "ON" postion, tap the brake pedal, the dome light comes on momentarily-if I do not wait until the light goes off, the "door ajar" message come on.  Is this correct for this to happen?  If I I wait for the light to dim, all is okay.

Now for another question-since he put in the 457, he states that we cannot program the door locks for a 1 press driver's door, 2 press for the remaining doors-can only have one press to unlock ALL doors. 

Anyone know if that is true when using a DEI 457G with the Audiovox APS685?? 

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes those issues with the 457 are normal conditions.   If you want the 2 step ubnlock you'd have to use a 456g for the locks and a 555l for the paslock bypass.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
apexer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 6:24 AM / IP Logged  

Cntrylvr79-what is the difference between the 456g & 457? Is there any advantages by using the 457?

The system originally had the 456 and I sort of had 2-step unlock, just that after unlocking the driver's door, I needed to press the unlock button 2 more times to unlock remaining doors.

One place I checked mentioned the Bypass Kit brand module would give me the 2-step unlock, not sure if it will do that with this Audiovox system?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
--The domelight briefly coming on is a design flaw of the 457G.
--What is the advantage of the 457G?
the 457 bypasses the PASSLock II for the remote start, AND operates the truck's doorlocks on the databus.
The 555L is Passlock only; the 456G is doorlocks only, requiring that two additional products be installed to get the job done.......the 457 allows for both things at once........resulting in a faster, cleaner install, and reduced cost.
But, the 457G has several shortcomings, including not turning on the domelight with unlock, and no two-step unlock.
--As far as your two-step unlock before, when the 456G was installed along with the Audiovox remote start......
The Audiovox 685 has TWO unlock output wires......one makes a pulse the first time you press unlock, and the other one makes a pulse on the second press.
It sounds like your installer connected only the first-unlock ouput from the 685 to the 456.
To correct that, the installer has two solutions:
A, connect BOTH the Audiovox's first- and second-unlock outputs to the 456, or
B, go into the Audiovox's programming menu, and turn the second-unlock feature off.
apexer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info!!  I appreciate all of the help from all who has responded to my questions!!
apexer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Chris, I PM'd you to ask for a little clarification on the 2 solutions.

I checked that when I unlock the doors with the remote, the dome light does come on in the truck.

Will contact the installer to see if we can go back to the 456 & 555 as I would like to have the 2-step unlock seeing there are 4 doors.  (

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2006 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering....
I notice on my 05 Avalanche the "door ajar" warning only comes on if I step on the brake and shift the tranny into reverse/drive immediately. If I hit the brake and then pause a second (or put on my seat belt) the warning never occurs. Kinda like the tranny takes over the databus and the alarm info is rejected. I think it's been mentioned in here that when hitting the brake (shutting down the remote start) the box sends out the door open then door closed commands to kill the RAP circuits, it seems like it doesn't wait for the databus to be free and instead just sends the burst of data..
Some explain to me though why the heck the headlights flash (at night)??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic