icon

New Speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, well if you're seriously dead set against ebay then most of the online retailers are going to run about the same price for those Polk sets from what I can tell ($175-$200).  You may want to look around the local shops in your area to see if you can find a better deal.  You'll want to do that anyway so you can take a listen to the speakers before you get them.  Just out of curiousity, why don't you deal with ebay?  I agree that buying used is hit and miss, but there are a lot of very reliable sellers on ebay now adays and the amount of new products at seriously reduced prices are worth taking a look at.  Just my 2 cents.
dandrade 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
It just strikes me as odd that the online dealers that I usually buy stuff from do not stock polk, yet ebay sellers do, Its more me wondering how they got the items and if they are truely new
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2006 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

Like I said, I can only speak from personal experiance, but I bought the Polk 5250s, a set of Alpine type S 6x9s and my Alpine type S sub all from ebay, all from different sellers, and my previous deck was from there as well.  All of them came in their boxes, brand new with all the paperwork and parts.  The only risk you run is that generally they're not certifed resellers and as such can not usually offer the factory warantee, but will generally compensate with their own.  Those sellers live and die by their feedback, so as long as you buy from a seller with good feedback who people have said is reliable then you should be set.  I personally won't buy from any seller with less than close to 1000 feedback.  If you're still hesitent, Cardomain.com, Amazon.com, Crutchfield.com, Shop.com, Circuitcity.com and Millionbuy.com all stock Polk.  I used Circuitcity.com with in store pickup for my sub box and saved $40, just by ordering online and I got my current HU (pioneer deh-p5800mp) at Cardomain.com.  Their shipping was a bit slow, but they had the best price.

And I'm not saying the Polks will be the perfect speaker for you, you'll stil want to go and listen to some other brands to compare and if you decide on something else, your purchasing options may be different.  If I were you I'd also look into Alpine and Infinity.

mukrainetz 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

If anyone is still interested in an opinion on finding good new product online at extremely low prices I have had excellent business with    www.indoaudio.com they are a ebay seller based in Cali. I am from canada so I have to pay duty and taxes on all this stuff and they helped me out with all of that plus sold me items a) I cant buy in canada b) are only sold at specialty outlets c) at incredible prices.

My new H/U is a sony specialty series which retails here for almost 400 and I paid 130 for it. Two 12" subs for 80 bucks that I cant buy here as well as matching amp for 120 that I also cant get here.

I have even called their office and theyve remembered who I am...   I dont even get that at my local stop and shop...

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic