the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

One sub moving slower

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

smokinsmitty wrote:
i mean my gain is set just a little past half way!

That means nothing.  It should be set to match the output levels from your head unit (use the SEARCH function above for "gain" in the topic title for some good tutorials on how to set it.)

Regardless, you should first follow the troubleshooting advice given by haemphyst above and isolate the problem.

Support the12volt.com
the Installater 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
I ran into a problem like this one the other day. One sub was hitting harder than the other one. SO I thought of everything, when I switched the rca's around the other sub would hit harder than the other one. The subs were dual P'3s and was all wired in paralel. So I bridged the amp and ran it in series along with the subs, and that fixed everything.
smokinsmitty 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
well guys did the test and it is the left channel on my amp! getting a brand new one for free next week!
1 15" Memphis Mojo,
Memphis 16-mc1000D amp,
Audiopipe 4gauge mp kit, Pioneer DEH4700MP head unit.
2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
Yamaha FZR600 crotch rocket
Sea Doo XP800
Sea Doo Spi
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
the Installater wrote:
I ran into a problem like this one the other day. One sub was hitting harder than the other one. SO I thought of everything, when I switched the rca's around the other sub would hit harder than the other one. The subs were dual P'3s and was all wired in paralel. So I bridged the amp and ran it in series along with the subs, and that fixed everything.
Actually, what you have done is applied a band-aid. If an issue like described occurs, you should find out what the cause of the problem IS, by isolating the offending component, as described. SOME device is still not working correctly in your system, you have just "painted over the hole in the wall". Your problem still exists, you just don't see it anymore!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
smokinsmitty 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
i totally agree with u there haemphyst! do u know how to set the gain on that amp?
1 15" Memphis Mojo,
Memphis 16-mc1000D amp,
2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
Sea Doo XP800
Sea Doo Spi
smokinsmitty 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
oK NOW WTF!  I got a new amp! my First one was the Audiobahn A8002T, well warranty gave me the new Audiobahn A8002V well my one sub is still moving slower! i flipped the wires and it follows the left channel! whatever sub is hooked up to it when the sub starts to relax it pushes in and takes longer to move back! i put new speaker wire in praying this could be it! no luck! im so mad! so finally i called a buddy and we took out his amp and hooked mine up and it did it to his subs also! so that eliminates my HU and subs and box and wiring! well now tommrow a buddy is letting me test it with his Fusion 1402 amp in my car! do you think it is my Audiobahn amp again! i just got it today and as soon as i hooked it up it did it again! o and now i got the stupid ground loop noise! GRRR! haha!
1 15" Memphis Mojo,
Memphis 16-mc1000D amp,
2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
Sea Doo XP800
Sea Doo Spi
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well, it seems reasonable to assume there's a problem with your new amp.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe it's just your eyes...I've heard of other people telling similar stories and all that it turns out to be is an optical illusion.
smokinsmitty 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

well i have had other people look at it to! they see the same thing! but the subs do not do it until my HU is turned up past like 40. then it starts to do it!

1 15" Memphis Mojo,
Memphis 16-mc1000D amp,
2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
Sea Doo XP800
Sea Doo Spi
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I bet your head unit is clipping at that volume level and what you're "seeing" is an artifact of that.  How does it sound?  And didn't we go through this with you before?  Did you try all the suggestions in the earlier thread?
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic